Sweeping Question (help pllleeaasassseee)

Enemy242

Jun 27, 2004
CA
www.myspace.com
i have a questioin about sweeping, all good guitarist, please respond.

ok, so when you sweep like different notes you use different fingers so they dont' ring out or something, but then what happens with sweeps liek this?

sweeping9.GIF

i tried just barring it yet the problem is that it rings out and some people said roll your fingers but i don't get how. if anyone could please post video or detailed explination i would be very very thankfull.

roll it as in like roll it like that flopping fish dance move only down the strings? or roll it as in like slide the finger between the strings like push up to get the next one and push down? i don't really get what you mean by rolling it.

Damn it english really sucks, there are way too many words that have lots of meanings. Like english men were too dumb to come up with more words, or they woudn't be able to memorize them all.

does anyone have a webcam and could please somehow make a vid zoomed in on the fret board and then doing that? i'd really appreciate it if someone could.

with the first finger it's not that complicated, but for some reason i have problems doing shapes with a lot of barring on the other fingers.....

"roll" your finger as in:

When you're playing the G on the 3rd string, your index is kinda pointing towards the fretboard, ie. just the tip of your finger is fretting the G, and the rest of your finger is muffling the 2nd and 1st strings. Then when you're playing the B on the second string, your finger is more "flat" against the fretboard, and you kinda try to bend it a bit backwards to avoid the 1st and 3rd strings from ringing. (this takes some practice) And when you're playing the E on the 1st string, your fingertip is just muffling the 2nd and 3rd strings, and the middle of your finger is fretting the E string.

Hope that makes sense.......