Similarities

Jesse-

Jun 9, 2005
Vaasa, Finland
You probably guessed already how this works. Post 2 songs that have an exact or a very similar sounding riff, chorus, solo etc. Also be sure to put the exact time the riff is heard for the first time. Don't know if this thread existed before, and actually I don't care. And don't take this too seriously, this is only for fun! And the song can be in any genre.

-----------------------------------

Ensiferum: Tale Of Revenge (0:00) - Viikate: Kuolleen Miehen Kupletti (0:00) --> Almost exactly same riff, only played lower in Viikate.

Children Of Bodom: In Your Face (0:00) - John Petrucci: Tunnel Vision (0:29) --> First half of John's riff exactly same.

Children Of Bodom: In Your Face (0:25) - Unearth: Giles (0:00) --> Some similarities in rhythm.

Children Of Bodom: Are You Dead Yet? (1:23) - System Of A Down - Roulette (0:00) --> Again, almost exactly same riff in SOAD.

Children Of Bodom: Are You Dead Yet? (0:00) - Slipknot: Before I Forget (0:00) --> Small parts in the riff are same in Slipknot.

Children Of Bodom: Punch Me I Bleed (0:00) - Pantera: Hard Lines, Sunken Cheeks (0:00) --> Pretty much the same riff.

Children Of Bodom: Bed Of Razors (0:00) - Annihilator: Alison Hell (0:22) --> Some basic similarities.

Children Of Bodom: Touch Like Angel Of Death (0:00) - Nightwish: She Is My Sin (0:00) --> Almost same riff.

The 69 Eyes: Forever More (0:30) - Neil Young: Rockin' In The Free World (0:15) --> Same riff.

Lordi: Hard Rock Hallelujah (Chorus) - Alice Cooper: Poison (Chorus) --> Goes from same melodies in a few places.

Black Label Society: Sold My Soul (0:00) - Metallica: Welcome Home -Sanitarium- (0:20) --> Almost exactly same riff.

As I Lay Dying: The Beginning (0:00) - Iron Maiden: The Trooper (0:00) --> A small similarity.

Sinergy: The Fourth World (0:05) - Racer X: Hammer Away (0:03) --> Almost exactly same riff.

Sonata Arctica: 8th Commandment (0:00) - Narnia: The Witch & The Lion (0:00) --> Strongly similar riff.

Children of Bodom: Are You Dead Yet (0:00-End) - Slipknot: All (0:00-End)

And most seriously

Cob:Bed Of Razors - Alison Hell (Annihilator)
Cob:AYDY - Before I Forget (Slipknot)
Black Label Society: Between Heaven & Hell/Sold My Soul (don't remember) - Welcome Home (Metallica)
And more..

Nerve said:
Children of Bodom: Are You Dead Yet (0:00-End) - Slipknot: All (0:00-End)

And most seriously

Cob:Bed Of Razors - Alison Hell (Annihilator)
Cob:AYDY - Before I Forget (Slipknot)
Black Label Society: Between Heaven & Hell/Sold My Soul (don't remember) - Welcome Home (Metallica)
And more..

You sure you can't remember which song is similar to Between Heaven & Hell?

Ensiferum's Tale of Revenge and Wintersuns Beyond the dark sun have pretty much the same riff in them (ToR's first one), at different times.