Simple Shirts

mrweijia

Meh
Jul 29, 2003
www.mansionofmetal.com
Does anyone know of "simple" shirts, where there isnt a huge frickin square album cover or a gigantic message on the back like "FUCK GOD, I CANT WEAR THIS OUTSIDE" i'm looking for something black and white, with just the logo and a small design.

Zyklon logo has a big logo on the front and nothing on the back. Stampin Ground 'A New Darkness Upon Us' has relatively small text on the front and 0 on the back. Strapping Young Lad & Devin Townsend band have some relatively plain workshirts/ poloshirts with simple logo's on them.

the haunted, too.

yeah, i'm not a big fan of the artwork taking up your entire midsection thing either.

though, for that matter, i would settle for a shirt like that if i could just find something in medium. it's like pulling teeth trying to find a metal shirt that isnt XXL. anyone know where i might find something?

mrweijia said:
Does anyone know of "simple" shirts, where there isnt a huge frickin square album cover or a gigantic message on the back like "FUCK GOD, I CANT WEAR THIS OUTSIDE" i'm looking for something black and white, with just the logo and a small design.

I hate those shirts. Who HONESTLY wears like the fucking Slaughtercult shirt around?

I mean, I can understand at a show, when you'd like to support the band.

I did see this Brodequin shirt once that was awesome. It was just a green t-shirt that said Brodequin in gray on the left side of the chest, and a pretty medium album cover of Festival Of Death (which isn't offensive at all). Then I went to Unmatched Brutality and it was gone. :(

genocide roach said:
whats wrong with shirts that are more than a logo and why cant you wear them outside?
~gR~

i'm still in school, so i cant really wear something that says "Hail Satan" with a gigantic pentagram. Well, i could...but i'd be expelled consistently

megadeth has a new merch website, they got awesome shirts, in double x too! also, a few slayer shirts aint too bad, but i hear you, i cant wear the "fuck god fuck society" shit cause my folks and my country club would shit, lol.

MightyDrynwhyl said:
damn man, your school must suck, mine isnt bad, ive worn an Impaled Nazarene shirt that said "Smoke Crack and Worship Satan" numerous times, not too mention a Dark Funeral shirt loaded with satanic stuff and a Bethlehem shirt that basically says suicide on the back :p

well i'm sure my school would kick people out even if they had something as harmless as "Smoke da Dope" or "I like SeXXX". And my school is considered lax.

you wont be expelled. i wore my DM shirts all the time in school, its not a big deal and chances are, no one will give a shit. same at work. people wont care, just wear what you want. and if someone does care, fuck em, they are too uptight and deserve to be uncomfortable.

and i am very proud to wear my slaughtercult shirt into public. i wish i had the gore metal one though, does anyone know where i can get one?
~gR~

There are a lot of shirts I wish I could where around my area as well. I've wanted the Scholomance shirt with the cover of Immortality Murder on it but I don't think it would go over well here in the bible belt.

Yep, I would also like to see more metal t-shirts with simple design. I think Opeth's later t-shirts are quite basic. I have found this with Disfear (not really metal maybe):

BIG_t_cover.jpg

And why are they always so big? Do they have to be XL-sized with bad, baaad fit? Ok, I don't follow the trends, but that doesn't mean that I want to look like Suffocation anno "Effigy of the forgotten" with jammies and sleeveless ugly t-shirts either.

Well, I used to wear metal shirts with huge prints all the time when I still was in school, but since a couple of years now, I find myself only buying "simpler" shirts, as you put it (granted, with a few exceptions).
Simple shirts from my wardrobe:

Cradle Of Filth - small silver logo on front, small silver dragon emblem on back
Strapping Young Lad - red "SYL" Japanese-style character on front
The Haunted - white logo on front, white silhouette on back
In Flames - blue/yellow Swedish soccer shirt with Jester head pocket print
In Flames - green shirt with white Carlsberg beer logo style "In Flames" logo on front

I'd love to own the Dissection shirt with only the logo on front that was out when SOTLB had just been released...

And I also second the demand for more shirts in M or L!