Simplest CoB song

CharIie

Moss
Oct 19, 2015
Under the gray sky
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could give me some help with something. I finally managed to convince my dad to make a CoB cover with me. He is a really good guitarist when it comes to blues/rock or improvisation but metal isn't really his cup of tea. So I was wondering which CoB songs would be the simplest on the rythm. If the lead and solo are technical, it isn't a problem as I'll play it, but my dad would like a song which is easy to master.
At first I thought about Are You Dead Yet? which is the simplest song I learnt from CoB, but I realized that I always learnt the lead parts, not the rythm ones. So my opinion is kind of biased.

Thanks in advance for the advices =)

Ps: It can be from any album but rather not be one of CoB covers.

The first song I ever learned from Bodom was Every Time I Die and I think it's one of their easiest songs. Certainly it's the easiest song from them that I can play (Other songs include stuff like N24/7, Children of Decadence, SNBN and Hate Me though I must say I skip the solos in all of them :D )

Everytime I die is indeed simple BUT I always screw that last lick of the solo -_-... And the introduction's lead is pretty hard to figure out.
The rest seems pretty difficult to me actually. I mean, I do the solos, but the rythm parts may be "out of my dad's reach".

Everytime I die is indeed simple BUT I always screw that last lick of the solo -_-... And the introduction's lead is pretty hard to figure out.
The rest seems pretty difficult to me actually. I mean, I do the solos, but the rythm parts may be "out of my dad's reach".
The last part of the solo is really hard yeah. Haven't tried Bed of Razors but I've heard it's easy.

That's cool you're jamming with your pops! My older brother's not that good at guitar so as Inceptionist said Bed Of Razors is probably the best song to learn as it's pretty simple and has great melodies (my parents are 70 and hate metal but still like the Irish type melody of the chorus). Either that or Was It Worth it.

Deadnight Warrior, the Something Wild song would be nice to learn. Every Time I Die will have to remember, sounds fun thank you can try to learn one of those simpler Bodom songs. Neat!