Since we're talking about religion

Belial

Rainbow Demon
Nov 18, 2001
Shoikan Grove
jason.storiesfrom.us
I'd like to tell you about a site I find hillarious. Christian Answers

They do a bunch of movie and video game reviews from a "christian perspective" and it's absolutely hillarious to read. Example. here's a quote from their Harry Potter review.

My primary objection to the film and the story is the very strong and central theme of witchcraft. This is condemned clearly in Deuteronomy 18:10-12. Ephesians 5:11 says, "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them." I plead with parents to use strong discernment regarding this film. Matt. 18:6 "But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea." My cautions are underscored by the fact that we are living in a day different than The Wizard of Oz. We are technologically "not in Kansas" anymore.

And here's a quote from their review of Everquest.

In the "Everquest" world you must select a pagan god to worship who will in turn give you powers. Some of the more colorful choices are deities like Bertoxxulous the Plaguebringer, whose worshippers love decaying flesh and practice the art of Necromancy (communicating with the dead), or Cazic Thule, the Faceless, who demands pain and human sacrifice, or Veeshan the Dragon, who wants your relatives sacrificed to her. Worship and alignment with these evil deities can bring a player even more occult power. Some players choose to be agnostic, and some align themselves with "good" deities. However, any god other than the God of the Bible is a pagan god, whether his/her actions are moral or not.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for this site Belial, go to movie reviews and sort by "worst" morale rating for a good laugh, from their review of American Beauty..

"But as we hear in his voice overs and learn as the story progresses, his life is far from normal. He starts his day with masturbation in the shower, giving us the impression that perhaps things are not normal in his marital relationship."

He masturbates?!?!?! He needs to see a therapist.

http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/pre2000/i-americanbeauty.html

"I am a movie-aholic and there have only been a few movies in my entire life that I actually don't like. There is a new film to add to that list. I hardly ever go to a movie depending on it's rating because that really doesn't mean anything anymore (thank you "Titanic") and if there is something that I shouldn't watch I will hide my eyes."

--Brandon Young, age 17

God will surely burn Brandon Young for looking at a naked woman! I guess Eve wasn't suppposedly naked.

American Beauty contains profanity, violence, drug use, sexual situations (including homosexuality, situations between a teen girl and middle aged man, and more), nudity (male backside, plus two topless scenes), and other offensive material. This is not a happy movie; disturbing would be a better description. As a follower of Christ, I can't help but look at this family, and especially at Lester, as someone desperately searching for meaning in life. That meaning is found through Jesus Christ, who sets us free from the bondage of sin and death. As King Solomon points out in Ecclesiastes so clearly, all other worldly pursuits are merely a "chasing after the wind". While American Beauty is technically exceptional, its offensive material outweighs any redeeming values

HAHAHA....that was my fave...

no, no wait this is now my fave...from the Devils Advocate Review:

I am not promoting viewing this movie. I would ardently urge anyone under 21 or anyone who struggles with sexual sin to shun this movie. If you are determined to see this film, regardless of the above warnings, go with some non-Christian friends and use this film as a bridge to talk about the reality and consequence of sin, the devil and his plans, and the free gift of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

: