SINERGY replaces new bassist (Mel)!

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
"The Sinergy camp are very sad to report that after a very brief stay, they had to let go of their bassist Melanie Sisneros. She spent 7 weeks in Finland with them and joined the band on stage for one performance at the Mystic Festival in Katowice, Poland. "We all like Melanie on a personal level, because she is a great woman with an awesome personality, but unfortunately our songs were a bit too technical for her style of playing", said the band. Also stating, "She's a very capable bass player, but she simply was not seasoned enough to undertake the challenges of some of our material". They've parted ways with Melanie on good terms and the band wishes her all the best on her return home to L.A., as they suspect great things for her future.

Sinergy has now recruited bassist Lauri Porra (Warmen, Tunnelvision) to fill in as permanent bass player. Lauri is no stranger to Sinergy, as he already toured with the band in Korea, Japan & played all the summer festivals with the band in 2002. He knows all the songs and is ready to rock! He will join the band on all upcoming gigs & tours and also play on their forthcoming album due to be recorded in the summer of 2003. Click 'pictures' to see Lauri with the band during their adventures in the far east earlier this year!

When asked about what seems to be the endless line up changes, Kimberly replied by saying, "Well, I know it must be confusing for the fans, but I can say that at least myself, Alexi & Roope (being the 3 main songwriters of the band) have remained as a team for almost 4 years now and we plan to keep it that way for as long as this band exists. Our main problem has been keeping a steady rhythm section. Janne (drums) has been with us for almost a year now, and both he & Lauri (bass) seem to show real dedication to the band for now, but you never know what the future may bring. The gods only know that we're not the only band in this world with line up troubles. Sometimes it may take years before you find the perfect group of personalities & players to work with. Other bands are lucky to have that from the very start. I do however sincerely hope you'll never have to read about another line up change in Sinergy, but the future is unpredictable."

Lauri's induction into the band as a permanent member is effective immediately. "

-Taken from Sinergy official site.

This is sad but true and their esplanation is fucking bullshit, they show they are a fucking crap band, coz someone that learn to play Maiden songs on bass (and they are fucking difficult) can play almost anything and imo Sinergy is a regular band with regular songs.
Fuck them :mad:

Originally posted by DREAMASTER
This is sad but true and their esplanation is fucking bullshit, they show they are a fucking crap band, coz someone that learn to play Maiden songs on bass (and they are fucking difficult) can play almost anything and imo Sinergy is a regular band with regular songs.
Fuck them :mad:

Also Mel learned to the songs to her audition DVD by ear AND according to Sinergy at the time played them "flawlessly". How can you play Maiden perfectly then play Sinergy songs "flawlessly" and not be up to their "technical" level?? I hate rumours but the explanation does not cut it, what about a good 'ol fashioned "personal differences" We all know Mel kills on Bass!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!I wanted to meet Melanie on Nov. 26th at Milano....sigh,sigh....I agree:who knows how to play Maiden's songs can surely play Sinergy's songs!
Melanie rules!

Hail The Hammer

If I were Sinergy, I'd fire their Publicist. That press release made them look unprofessional and spiteful in the public's eye.

After all folks, Mel flew out there on HER dime, gave up two bands and a JOB for this opportunity all because Sinergy selected HER out of over "a hundred auditionees." If it WAS her technical playing ability, why did they even offer her the spot in the first place? Kimberly previously made that statement about her playing the Sinergy material "flawlessly."

Originally posted by Bruce Chickinson
If I were Sinergy, I'd fire their Publicist. That press release made them look unprofessional and spiteful in the public's eye.

After all folks, Mel flew out there on HER dime, gave up two bands and a JOB for this opportunity all because Sinergy selected HER out of over "a hundred auditionees." If it WAS her technical playing ability, why did they even offer her the spot in the first place? Kimberly previously made that statement about her playing the Sinergy material "flawlessly."

I agree, Jen. Their publicist should be strung out and beaten severely with a switch. That was not only tactless and heartless, but also very spineless. Anyone that knows Melanie knows she kicks a$$ on the "4-stringed motherf*cker".

Mel, hats off to you for taking it so well. Obviously you are a much bigger person than they are collectively.

Their story doesn't quite jive. Needless to say that's one band I'll not give a second thought to.

very unprofessional of Sinergy-Mel uprooted her life for that band and to be treated in that way is disgusting-sounds like they just wanted their friend back in the band or maybe they couldn't handle the fact a woman was musically as good as them........or maybe even better........

This forum being a bit less crowded than Sinergy's, I will post this here.

Mel, what happened is not my business, so I will just say so that you really appeared as a very nice person to me! First you love cats and Iron Maiden, and then Macintosh. ;) I really regret that I won't be able to meet you in the near future.

I hope you are okay and that going back home will be a good moment for you. Please stay in touch in the Maidens forum!

And give a stroke or three to yours cats for me. ;)

Originally posted by Lord S
very unprofessional of Sinergy-Mel uprooted her life for that band and to be treated in that way is disgusting-sounds like they just wanted their friend back in the band or maybe they couldn't handle the fact a woman was musically as good as them........or maybe even better........

From Kimberly's own post on the Sinergy page, there seems to be quite a bit more truth to that than the official statement would admit. Kim & Mel wrote that press release themselves to somewhat cover up for the guys who wanted Mel out and their old male buddy Lauri instead. However nicely the band wishes to put it, to me it smells of mobbing. You all can imagine how bummed out I was last night when I went to see the band with Mel and there was this guy on stage instead!!! :mad:
First I though Mel was perhaps sick or something, but after the show I got a chance to talk to Kimberly briefly and she said that Mel had indeed left. Kim herself seems to be very upset about the matter because she'd been so happy to have an old friend in the band, and another female American at that. From my personal experience I can confirm that it means double loneliness to be a foreigner AND a female rock musician in Finland, so I feel very sorry for Kim, too. As for Mel: WE'LL MISS YOU!!! This country needs women like you so badly, no matter how much you scare the shit out of the male brotherhood! All the best for you in the friendlier So Cal climate. It's a better place for cats, too...

Rock on!:headbang:

Just a little follow-up regarding my previous post - I stand gladly corrected as Kimberly & Mel both have made it clear on their latest posts to the Synergy UM forum that there was no mobbing involved after all. I say "gladly" because I greatly respect Alexi and Roope and was therefore very disappointed when Kim in her first post stated that "the guys" didn't want to tour with Mel. For the full story, read that thread, I'm at least happy to hear that no bad feelings are involved on either side. Guess it was just too good to be true that The Heiress should truly bless the Finnish music scene with her presence. I know it's our loss, not hers... and that's not meant to disrespect Lauri who's a great bassist and a cute one besides. It's just that he's not Melanie Sisneros.

i would stress that u read the post over in the sinergy forum to dispell of any rumors....... and i wish them both the best of luck (sinergy and mel).

anywho, does anyone know if mel ever got a chance to eat any reindeer???

Okay, folks, things are going too far here. I am quite happy about the time I spent in Finnyland, and I'd like to thank Sinergy for the opportunity and hospitality. We parted on good terms, and I wish them the best of luck.

The future is wide open, and I'm looking forward to the new challenges brought on by the sweet winds of change.