SINERGY replacing bassist!

Blackspirit

there are no words left
Aug 30, 2001
Oslo, Norway
blacksoul.skonux.net
Finland’s Sinergy have parted with their old bassist Melanie Sisneros and replaced her with new bassist Lauri Porra (Warmen, Tunnelvision).

This is what the official Sinergy website states:

“The Sinergy camp are very sad to report that after a very brief stay, they had to let go of their bassist Melanie Sisneros. She spent 7 weeks in Finland with them and joined the band on stage for one performance at the Mystic Festival in Katowice, Poland. "We all like Melanie on a personal level, because she is a great woman with an awesome personality, but unfortunately our songs were a bit too technical for her style of playing", said the band. Also stating, "She's a very capable bass player, but she simply was not seasoned enough to undertake the challenges of some of our material". They've parted ways with Melanie on good terms and the band wishes her all the best on her return home to L.A., as they suspect great things for her future.”

“Sinergy has now recruited bassist Lauri Porra (Warmen, Tunnelvision) to fill in as permanent bass player. Lauri is no stranger to Sinergy, as he already toured with the band in Korea, Japan & played all the summer festivals with the band in 2002. He knows all the songs and is ready to rock! He will join the band on all upcoming gigs & tours and also play on their forthcoming album due to be recorded in the summer of 2003. Click 'pictures' to see Lauri with the band during their adventures in the far east earlier this year!”

“When asked about what seems to be the endless line up changes, Kimberly replied by saying, "Well, I know it must be confusing for the fans, but I can say that at least myself, Alexi & Roope (being the 3 main songwriters of the band) have remained as a team for almost 4 years now and we plan to keep it that way for as long as this band exists. Our main problem has been keeping a steady rhythm section. Janne (drums) has been with us for almost a year now, and both he & Lauri (bass) seem to show real dedication to the band for now, but you never know what the future may bring. The gods only know that we're not the only band in this world with line up troubles. Sometimes it may take years before you find the perfect group of personalities & players to work with. Other bands are lucky to have that from the very start. I do however sincerely hope you'll never have to read about another line up change in Sinergy, but the future is unpredictable."”

“Lauri's induction into the band as a permanent member is effective immediately.”

Official Sinergy website: http://www.sinergy.org/