"SIP"

muzmaze

pyramontyrsuidvan
Mar 28, 2006
N.H., USA
Said it before and i'll say it again.
"MY FAVORITE METAL SONG EVER, SOULS IN PAIN!"
Anyone else have a song that just takes 'em to a higher ground?

Some others would be;

Blood Brothers -Maiden
Revolution Calling -Queensryche
At Dewy Prime -Communic
Stare At Yourself -Hibria

Pyramaze - What Lies Beyond
Iced Earth - A Question of Heaven
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Emperor - Acclamation of Bonds
Dissection - Thorns of Crimson Death
Chthonic - Bloody Gaia Fulfilled

Well, my favorite song ever is without a doubt "A Question Of Heaven". As for all the other songs that just "take me to a higher ground", there are way too many to list, but since this IS a Pyramaze forum I have to mention Legend, Sleepy Hollow, and pretty much the entire Legend of the Bone Carver album.

Of the songs on my PSP:

Disturbed: Avarice
Gojira: To Sirius
Iced Earth: The Hunter
Iron Maiden: Die With Your Boots On
Machine Head: Halo
Pain Of Sailvation: Enter Rain
Pantera: Walk
Priestess: The Shakes
Pyramaze: What Lies Beyond
Serpent Underground: Someday Soul
Turisas: One More

I limited it to one per band and there are many more that, shamefuly, are not on my psp.

for the more quite songs =>

> demons and wizards : fidler on the green ; down where i am

and for the not so quite ones :lol: =>

> iced earth : dracula ( ^^' )

I'd have to say "Not An Angel" by Seventh Wonder. That song just has an infinite lifeline.
I heard that song a couple times yesterday (along with the full album)...very very good...gonna get it from The End this week :)

There's quite a few songs like that for me, but I'll just give one from recent months...

Gamma Ray - Empress :kickass:

Sun Caged - Sides

Pyramaze - Souls In Pain

hey! Sun Caged is a local band here :p
Marcel Koenen (guitarist of sun caged) is well known here too. I know some guys who played with him.

A few of my fav. songs

Pyramaze - Souls in Pain , What lies beyond
Iced Earth - Prophecy, slave to the dark, melancholy, and the whole burnt offerings cd (love it)
Priest\m/ - Painkiller, Betw. the hammer and the anvil, beyond the realms of death
Queensryche - Jet city woman, entire mtv unplugged session, tribe, I don't believe in love, walk through the shadows
demons and wizards - I agree with Solon> fiddler o.t. green, down where I am

And many, many more :p

I have tons of songs that blow me away everytime I listen to them. I am pretty much a so called emotional listener, so many songs are very dear to me because of the effect they've made on me.

In no particular order:

Pyramaze - Tears of Hate
X Japan - Art of Life
Lost Horizon - Cry of a Restless Soul
Manigance - L'ombre et la Lumiére
Keldian - Crusader
Human Fortress - Defenders of the Crown
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Kamelot - Karma, Forever, Center of the Universe, The Haunting (Somewhere In Time), Nothing Ever Dies, The Fourth Legacy, there's no way I could choose the best one, just impossible.

And the list goes on...

Iced Earth: Travel in Stygian (barlow)
Pyramaze: SIP
Blind Guardian: Imaginations From the Other Side
Demons & Wizards: Fiddler on the Green
Dark Empire: Haunted
Persuader: Sending You Back
Savage Circus: Born Again by the Night
Iron Maiden: Fear of The Dark
Judas Priest: Beyond the Realms of Death
Helloween: Push
Slayer: Raining Blood
Testament: Disciples of The Watch
Metallica: One
Megadeth: Reckoning Day

hey! Sun Caged is a local band here :p
Marcel Koenen (guitarist of sun caged) is well known here too. I know some guys who played with him.

NO SHIT!?!? MARCEL COENEN IS LIKE, MY 3RD-4TH FAVORITE GUITARIST!! the man is a WIZARD!! If you ever see him/know him on a personal level give him a awesome high-five for me!!! For the past like, 3 months I'd put on Artemisia, then I'd just decide it was time to listen to something else (not getting tired of artemisia), BUT nothing every really did it for me, other than LOTBC, so Id just end up putting it back in....

NO SHIT!?!? MARCEL COENEN IS LIKE, MY 3RD-4TH FAVORITE GUITARIST!! the man is a WIZARD!! If you ever see him/know him on a personal level give him a awesome high-five for me!!! For the past like, 3 months I'd put on Artemisia, then I'd just decide it was time to listen to something else (not getting tired of artemisia), BUT nothing every really did it for me, other than LOTBC, so Id just end up putting it back in....

No shit :)
I will give him the high five if I meet him ;) ... He also has another, cover-band, project with which he performs in the local venues. So chances are there :)
I even was in a band with a guy who had lessons from him....it's a real small world you know (and the netherlands is a real small country :p )

Iced Earth: Travel in Stygian (barlow

Dude, Greely does that song immeasurably better than Barlow. I love Matt Barlow but he can NOT sing that song, nor can Tim Owens.
An ideal example of this is when (in the origional) Greely sings "lick of flames" it is said very fast, and sort of "demonic". When both Barlow and "The Ripper" sing it, they slow it down and draw it out so it becomes almost Operetic.

Other than that, good list. I like your taste in music.

I do like the greely version but I like what Barlow did to it a bit more.

I like the pitch that they put in with the DOP recording.

If you are interested John has made a band that is called Seventh Servant. http://www.myspace.com/seventhservantmetal So far they have a rough mix of a song "Revelation" and its sounds badass. There are 3 more songs in the work right now. Hopefully the band can go somewhere.

Dude, Greely does that song immeasurably better than Barlow. I love Matt Barlow but he can NOT sing that song, nor can Tim Owens.
An ideal example of this is when (in the origional) Greely sings "lick of flames" it is said very fast, and sort of "demonic". When both Barlow and "The Ripper" sing it, they slow it down and draw it out so it becomes almost Operetic.

Other than that, good list. I like your taste in music.

I do think that Matt can sing that song very well actually...never heard Tim do it (but I'd like to hear that version)
I never really disliked Greely's singing, but it just never made a big impact on me.

#1 song has gotta be Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd. Still get goosebumps to this day when I hear it.
Pyramaze-The Birth
Iron Maiden- Revelations/Children of the Damned (tie)
Iced Earth-Burning Times
Anthrax- Efilnikcufecin (N.F.L.)
Priest- Painkiller

That's just a few...
Hey Michael- I posted! Are you happy??

Hey muzmaze- I'm routing for the Giants!!!

#1 song has gotta be Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd. Still get goosebumps to this day when I hear it.
Pyramaze-The Birth
Iron Maiden- Revelations/Children of the Damned (tie)
Iced Earth-Burning Times
Anthrax- Efilnikcufecin (N.F.L.)
Priest- Painkiller

That's just a few...
Hey Michael- I posted! Are you happy??

Hey muzmaze- I'm routing for the Giants!!!

I fugured Giants. Should be a good game, though I think the Giants are going down!