• Total voters

Cadaver The Great

Jesterhead, Nice Guy
Oct 17, 2014
Glasgow, Scotland
[My first post.]

See Siren Charms? I don't think it's a SHITTY album
But you can tell they slacked like hell
It's not bad, just disappointing. I don't get the feel with this album like I do with Come Clarity for example, or SOAPF
Some of the songs though, I just do not want to even associate myself with
Everything's Gone - what happened there!? ; [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=xaW84e883o8[/ame]
In Flames should be expecting better of themselves
Just because it's your 11th album instead of the big ten don't mean people aren't gonna be wanting the best of the best from the guys

Edit: I seen In Flames live in Glasgow last night(17.10.14) and their set list was pretty widespread and interesting. They had a good amount of their old stuff included, so it just shows that they know what the fans want.
What I'm editing to say though, is that Everything's Gone isn't actually that bad of a song - when it's live. It's badass as fuck live, making me come back to rethink it as a song that's just made to be heard live. Give this a try;

Personally I was sad to be home, wanted to go back to the venue badly and I've never felt that way about a gig.
Go In Flames!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you pal. Be prepared for an onslaught from Krofius, PlainVanilla, Ciko and Jester Slave though :D

I'm with you pal. Be prepared for an onslaught from Krofius, PlainVanilla, Ciko and Jester Slave though :D

When I have I trashed anyone when they said they didn't like Siren Charms?
I only trash people like Uneasy Conscience when he says the new album sucks, simply because when I read that in 2002 he thought R2R was average, then he said on STYE that he gave IF a last chance but they failed again with STYE, and then he's still fucking following the band 5 albums later and coming here saying the album sucks (which is a perfectly fine opinion) but still following the bands new released 10 years after they failed their last chance? Incredibly stupid behavior. Just what is he doing here?

I was only kidding bro, don't worry :D your positivity keeps my spirits up in these dark times.

He is on his spiritual retirement waiting for the Swedish shows and you came just to disturb him. Bad boy.

Ok so this is it.
I don't care for the new album. I can't make myself care about it. There's no real sense of wanting to play it more. Some of the songs are great, but each song feels like it has serious weak points in it. The choruses are annoying like the choruses on A Sense Of Purpose.

The guitars aren't as fun as Sounds were in any way.

The only thing I really dig is the atmospheric electronic overtones and the experimentation, but the parts that sound like In Flames sound like an incredibly weaker In Flames.

I don't know when I'll give these songs a spin again but right now there is no replay value. I actually found myself listening to Come Clarity a lot if anything.

I still love In Flames, but I think I can say that I am kind of disappointed. I didn't want to believe it but I think I am, but I won't shit on them for it, I'll just state what I don't like. This is what separates me from the assholes. The kids that lurk their facebook page just to take jabs when it's been A FUCKING MONTH ALREADY since the album. No lives.

I could not have said that any better, Clay-Man, and I think we're both on the same wavelength here.

I actually love Come Clarity, one of my favourite albums.
A lot of people pull the argument of "they're so shit now a days, no where near as heavy as they used to be," and that's fine! Totally fine but it doesn't mean that they're shit, it just means that they have been going since what, 1990? They've been through a good different amount of line ups and I believe that none of the original members are left. I think the last one was Stromblad, and he left in 2O1O.
Now after going through this and a band such as In Flames ending up as big as they are, of course their stuff's gonna be different. Of course they're gonna experiment, and find "new sounds"
But there seriously is no reason for this album to be, as you said, as weak as it is.

Now, maybe they're tryna appeal to a wider audience. I can accept that. But does it mean that they're changing like this forever? To fit into a couple other genres? I'm not sure. Honestly, they KNOW most of us loyal Jesterheads aren't too happy about the new album. They know that we want more of the old stuff, but one band can't just keep doing the same thing all their lives - They are allowed to change anything they want. Fuck it, they could become a pop boyband in the snap of your fingers if they liked; but the main line here is that they also know they have such a base of loyal fans they obviously don't want to lose. They showed that through the gig, with playing a lot of their old stuff.

I don't think that any of us know if In Flames are gonna keep going the way they are. You never know, the next album could be a shot in the absolute opposite direction. Maybe the next album will give some of us a lil more hope for the future of the band.

they have been going since what, 1990?

1993/1994, officially.

They've been through a good different amount of line ups and I believe that none of the original members are left. I think the last one was Stromblad, and he left in 2O1O.

It depends how you look at it. To me Lunar Starin/Sub are more like demos, with TJR being the band's first real release. If you take it from then, we still have Anders and Bjorn from the original lineup. They've had the same members, Jesper aside, since 1999 - 14 years. There really hasn't been that much change in the band.

Honestly, they KNOW most of us loyal Jesterheads aren't too happy about the new album.

Not sure they do, but even if they do, it's pretty obvious they don't really care.

They showed that through the gig, with playing a lot of their old stuff.

What, you mean one song in Resin? :D they've been ignoring the older songs for years.

I don't think that any of us know if In Flames are gonna keep going the way they are. You never know, the next album could be a shot in the absolute opposite direction. Maybe the next album will give some of us a lil more hope for the future of the band.

It's possible. I thought the band were dead in the water after ASOP, but they came back in a big way with SOAPF. It could happen again. The worrying thing about SC is that, imo, it showcases a band who are doing the bare minimum to put out a record, with incredibly lazy songwriting and a total lack of energy. At least ASOP had some great melodies, the vocals were the biggest problem with that album. SC doesn't just have one big problem, it has a lot of them, which is a major concern for anybody hoping the band will bounce back.

In Flames is kinda like Windows, every other release is shit, and the ones in between are gold.

When I have I trashed anyone when they said they didn't like Siren Charms?
I only trash people like Uneasy Conscience when he says the new album sucks, simply because when I read that in 2002 he thought R2R was average, then he said on STYE that he gave IF a last chance but they failed again with STYE, and then he's still fucking following the band 5 albums later and coming here saying the album sucks (which is a perfectly fine opinion)

So you trash me for having a 'perfectly fine opinion' ? lol

but still following the bands new released 10 years after they failed their last chance? Incredibly stupid behavior. Just what is he doing here?

Fuck man i had my bags packed and was ready to go. If you noticed I didn't post in here for a week. I was all set to depart and return in a few years when the next pile of shit comes out. But replies like this make me wanna stick around for a bit longer.

Krofius you must be related to a band member or something. Your devotion to this pile of trash record betrays something else going on. For the millionth time the new album objectively sucks in every musical way possible: the musicianship sucks, the vocals are a fucking joke, the songwriting is pathetic. It's a failure of an album. Just accept it. Why are you even talking about it when the new At the Gates and Z2 are out? New Rigor Mortis is available, so is Blood In, Blood Out. Move on. In Flames died long ago.

The best thing they could do is to disband and follow their own ways. No loyal fans between the new ones, only a bunch of emo kids who keep complaining about the old days and listening to the band at spotify por voting un stupid polls. But those kinds are not going to buy the albums and many of the old fans won't buy the new album.

So you trash me for having a 'perfectly fine opinion' ? lol

No I trash you because you gave up on the band 10 years ago and 5 albums ago according to yourself. You almost gave up on R2R as well. I'm just amazed at the fact that you are still hanging around at every album release. It's as if u can't move on.

And people stating subjective opinions as objective is nothing new, but you are surely carrying the torch. I think ATG is great, new album is great as well.
I don't know if you are serious when you are trying to argue that there is objectiveness to music taste, I don't know whether to laugh or sigh. But there is a small chance you are just trollbaiting as well.

Do I think Siren Charms is IF's best album released? No. Do I like it? Yes.
There are several bands early albums I've enjoyed but I've felt they faltered with their later efforts, but personally, I just move on if I don't like an album, I don't feel the need to trash it saying how bland, dull and unoriginal it is. I'm pretty sure that in your case as well, there are albums by bands you love, and many other people think it's a trash album compared to other records in said bands discographies. That's called music taste, something which is subjective. I have a huge disdain for Country and I just can't understand the genre, but look how popular it is, especially in America, some guy named Eric Church (never heard of him) was top3 or something like that by albums sold in 2014 on Billboard so clearly people enjoy that type of music. Most of those said people would probably say the same thing about my music that I said about Country, nothing surprising.

What you consider trash someone else might consider some of the best stuff they've heard, that doesn't mean anyone of you two is wrong, or right. Hopefully you will understand this, if you weren't just trolling like I said earlier.
Also Devin Townsend? I like some of his songs but I am generally not that fond of his over-the-top production with 1827389213 layers. He is a great musician though. And I don't listen to thrash metal really so I can't talk about Exodus or Rigor Mortis. Thrash is quite boring to my ears, I like melodies and aggression in my music, mixed and blended in difference ways in the music.

See you in around 3years I guess when it's time to show the world how much you dislike the ever-degrading band known as In Flames's new album.

To be fair, it would be incredibly boring if nobody ever criticised anything. Obviously if you're just saying "THIS ALBUM SUX LOL" then you've added nothing, but the same applies if you're just saying "I LOVE THIS ALBUM BEST EVER IN FLAMES WE TRUST!!!" ... which certain people were doing in the SC thread.

Criticism is fine as long as it's constructive and well thought-out. If you have an interest in something and it disappoints you, there's no reason not to make your opinion known.

I have a huge disdain for Country and I just can't understand the genre, but look how popular it is, especially in America, some guy named Eric Church (never heard of him) was top3 or something like that by albums sold in 2014 on Billboard so clearly people enjoy that type of music. Most of those said people would probably say the same thing about my music that I said about Country, nothing surprising.

I don't get all the point about country. Maybe swedish people hate the style, but I don't think it's the worst IF could do.

According to people here you're not allowed to criticize. If you sift through the various threads, like I've stated a thousand times, I have brought up valid criticism of the band that no one has really offered any kind of worthy rebuttal to.

I don't know if you are serious when you are trying to argue that there is objectiveness to music taste, I don't know whether to laugh or sigh.

Krofius, the irony is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Just look at your quote above. You're telling me, objectively that there isn't objectiveness to musical taste...

Somethings are objective by certain standards and in music there has to be some measurement, some index of what is actually quality. By your logic, Handel and Limp Bizkit are equals. No person can say that one is objectively better than the other simply because both styles of music appeal to different types of people. Well, I for one and not afraid to open up the can of worms and claim that some types of music are indeed better than others by certain measurements like skill and composition. Of course this is not "allowed" by people like you since in doing so I hurt some people's feelings. I am well aware I open myself up as an elitist when I make such claims. I have no problem with that and I'm happy to have the argument. Certain kinds of artistic expression are superior to others. Only a liberal would disagree. Keep in mind I'm not saying people don't have the right to like something like Siren Charms. I am saying that Siren Charms, by any standard of musical judgement is not as good as other, specifically the earlier, In Flames albums.

Edit - and you keep bringing up the fact that I post here even though I don't like the band. Yea, I do. Where is the confusion in this? You're right. I don't like In Flames since Clayman and I still post here every time they release a new album (well, to be fair, not every time...). What's your point? I've "moved on" long ago. I have tons of free time and like debating and discussing music. I do it here and I do it in other forums as well. What's the issue?

According to people here you're not allowed to criticize. If you sift through the various threads, like I've stated a thousand times, I have brought up valid criticism of the band that no one has really offered any kind of worthy rebuttal to.

Krofius, the irony is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Just look at your quote above. You're telling me, objectively that there isn't objectiveness to musical taste...

Somethings are objective by certain standards and in music there has to be some measurement, some index of what is actually quality. By your logic, Handel and Limp Bizkit are equals. No person can say that one is objectively better than the other simply because both styles of music appeal to different types of people. Well, I for one and not afraid to open up the can of worms and claim that some types of music are indeed better than others by certain measurements like skill and composition. Of course this is not "allowed" by people like you since in doing so I hurt some people's feelings. I am well aware I open myself up as an elitist when I make such claims. I have no problem with that and I'm happy to have the argument. Certain kinds of artistic expression are superior to others. Only a liberal would disagree. Keep in mind I'm not saying people don't have the right to like something like Siren Charms. I am saying that Siren Charms, by any standard of musical judgement is not as good as other, specifically the earlier, In Flames albums.

Edit - and you keep bringing up the fact that I post here even though I don't like the band. Yea, I do. Where is the confusion in this? You're right. I don't like In Flames since Clayman and I still post here every time they release a new album (well, to be fair, not every time...). What's your point? I've "moved on" long ago. I have tons of free time and like debating and discussing music. I do it here and I do it in other forums as well. What's the issue?

Lol what are you talking about, what irony? I'm telling you FACTUALLY that there is no objectivity to what music is good or not. Whether something is harder to play than something else however, there are objectivity since you can measure the technical aspects of how the music is played/created.

Maybe for you, technicality and instrumental skill translates to music being good. Both you and me could probably agree that mainstream music being played on the radio sucks incredibly hard, but that is just our opinions, there is no objectivity whatsoever about it, even though they don't even write their own songs or lyrics and might not work as hard as some awesome metal bands, it doesn't make one better than the other, except for people's differing opinions. You can't measure quality because it is biased. You can never reach objectivity when you're talking about taste. It's not about being elitist, we're talking about facts. It has nothing to do with you ''not being afraid to open the can'' because it is simply, just your opinion. You might think a song is near perfect composed and someone else might say the complete opposite. Some people like more simple, easy going music. There is nothing wrong with that. Some people like extremely technical music with lots of changing patterns throughout the songs. Your opinion that Siren Charms ''by any standard of music judgement'' is worse than their earlier records is also just an opinion. If In Flames would release a dubstep album it would be your OPINION that it sucks. You're basically defining what good music means to you, and then masking it as an objective fact.

If In Flames would release a 1minute song with just one chord being played with the wrong tuning, you could claim that, for example, Stand Ablaze is a better song, objectively. Sure, it might be objectively more technical but everything else is just YOUR opinion. You can never objectively say that x sounds better than c.

It's like you claiming that it is a fact that a thanksgiving dinner tastes better than macaronies & cheese, just because it takes more finesse and skill to do it.

You don't seem to know the definition of the word objectivity, sadly.

Yes I know you're a fan of the bands earlier records, but I wouldn't say you're a fan of the band when you hate half of their records.
Of course you can criticize, it's free speech. I haven't read all threads and posts in the last couple weeks so I might have missed your quality posts.