Sirius Radio

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Anyone own one of these things? I tried out xm radio on my pc awhile back and it was God awful. The metal station was just a bunch of metalcore crap. Is it the same on sirius?

I have Sirius. It was given to me as a gift. The metal station definitely plays too much metalcore, but you hear some good stuff too. They also have a daily show specializing in death, grind, black, etc. There are also shows on stoner metal and a pretty cool program on the history of metal. I don't hear it much, because it's on in the middle of Sun. afternoon, and I'm usually doing the wife and kids thing then.

The daily show featuring deathmetal comes on after midnight am I right? Do they also play a bunch of nu-metal buffoonery? The channels website listed "Korn" as one of of the featured bands

I have an XM....I don't listen to the metal station though, I mostly use it for sports, and the Phil Hendrie Show. If you live in a place that doesn't have alot of choice as far as decent radio stations, its a good deal. but yeah, if you were going to use it for just the metal, you might be disappointed. I'm really not surprised its the way it is, though, because that's what's selling right now.

Atlas Shrugged said:
The daily show featuring deathmetal comes on after midnight am I right? Do they also play a bunch of nu-metal buffoonery? The channels website listed "Korn" as one of of the featured bands
Not a great deal of it, besides some Korn and Slipknot. Occasional other stuff, but mostly it's the metalcore that gets old.
There are also a lot of other cool music and talk stations. If the metal station is playing crap, I usually switch it to the hair metal station, because they play a lot of shit that isn't hair metal (Maiden, Priest, etc) or the classic hard rock station. There are 3 or 4 alternative stations I like too. Lots of sports stuff too, exlusive NFL broadcasts, and English Premier League soccer, which I dig.

here's what XM says you'll hear on Liquid Metal:

Sepultura
Beneath The Remains

Lamb Of God
Boot Scraper

Pantera
By Demons Been Driven

Hatebreed
Smash Your Enemies

Vampire Mooose
Spiderman Vs. Venom

Six Feet Under
War Machine

Watch Them Die
Resurrection

Damage Plan
New Found Power

Slayer
Skeletons Of Society

Dimmu Borgir
Cataclysm Children

lizard said:
here's what XM says you'll hear on Liquid Metal:

Sepultura
Beneath The Remains

Lamb Of God
Boot Scraper

Pantera
By Demons Been Driven

Hatebreed
Smash Your Enemies

Vampire Mooose
Spiderman Vs. Venom

Six Feet Under
War Machine

Watch Them Die
Resurrection

Damage Plan
New Found Power

Slayer
Skeletons Of Society

Dimmu Borgir
Cataclysm Children

That doesnt tempt me much. :tickled:

That playlist isn't too far removed from your typical Headbanger's Ball, and since Clear Channel has holdings in XM some of the music programs probably aren't going to be too adventurous, but it's still a recommended alternative to the pitiful state of traditional radio.

If you can afford it.
Still not as good as internet radio. Or just playing CDs in your car.

The main thing I listen to on Sirius (via Dish Network) is the Hair Metal station. They have a decent mix on there if you like that style (RATT, Dokken, Whitesnake, Saigon Kick etc.). Also the Classic HArd Rock has some cool stuff. I agree on the "Metal" channel too much of the Nu era stuff.

That wouldn't be possible I would THINK (and from what I have read/heard about all of it) because think of the implications that would have for cable television? In reality (if I am not mistaken) channels like TNT, TBS, etc can show whatever they want but choose not to. Just like HBO shows whatever. It's a medium that people pay and subscribe to vs. normal radio/Tv where it is governed etc.

On the other hand I don't think Stern will go TOO crazy because he knows a ton of people listen to him from work and they'd like to continue doing so.