Six degrees...

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
Well it looks like Velvet Revolver is about to tap Corey Taylor to sing for them. I recall only a few years ago his name being "bandied about" when it came to who'd front Anthrax.

I don't care what anyone says, I don't want him in a band with Slash and Duff. Then again, Velvet Revolver have been pretty shit since the start so why should I care?
I'll stick to my Slash's Snakepit CDs :lol:

I don't care what anyone says. If Corey Taylor hadn't been linked to Anthrax, I wouldn't have posted this at all; let alone led it with an "O/T". Sorry to waste anyone's time.

You're not wasting our time, I care about what Slash and Duff do. My band even cover "Slither".
But Corey Taylor, and the songs in VR in general = pish.

I don't have any idea what it would sound like but it's an interesting choice. A smart one too if you ask me. I've been to a few VR shows. There were alot of metalhead types there. Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica, Slipknot etc shirts among the crowds. So having someone with a harder musical past seems logical to me, more so than Weiland.

I liked their first LP to an extent. I was hoping for something much stronger after that. Their follow up was garbage and it's no wonder they dissolved after that.

I don't have any idea what it would sound like but it's an interesting choice. A smart one too if you ask me. I've been to a few VR shows. There were alot of metalhead types there. Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica, Slipknot etc shirts among the crowds. So having someone with a harder musical past seems logical to me, more so than Weiland.

I liked their first LP to an extent. I was hoping for something much stronger after that. Their follow up was garbage and it's no wonder they dissolved after that.

Well, you say a lot of metalheads followed VR, but to me Slipknot aren't metal. They're nu-metal and always will be.
VR, musically, were closer to rock and roll than nu-metal. Even someone whos vocals I love like Bruce or Halford wouldn't fit in VR. Corey Taylor and the rest of Slipknot - nope, not for me. I understand people like them, and I even liked a couple of tracks myself ("Gently" is pretty fucking awesome!) but they and the whole nu-metal genre will always be a joke to me.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. I thought that was a great song, with a killer riff at 3:45. But listening now, I think I may have been full of shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you say a lot of metalheads followed VR, but to me Slipknot aren't metal. They're nu-metal and always will be.
VR, musically, were closer to rock and roll than nu-metal. Even someone whos vocals I love like Bruce or Halford wouldn't fit in VR. Corey Taylor and the rest of Slipknot - nope, not for me. I understand people like them, and I even liked a couple of tracks myself ("Gently" is pretty fucking awesome!) but they and the whole nu-metal genre will always be a joke to me.

I didn't quite say metalheads. I said metalhead types. Which would include myself. I'm not a metalhead by some people's standards because while I enjoy the likes of Slayer, Maiden, Testament etc, I also like Clapton, Zeppelin, the Beatles.

I'm bracing myself for an Internet beating now.

I didn't quite say metalheads. I said metalhead types. Which would include myself. I'm not a metalhead by some people's standards because while I enjoy the likes of Slayer, Maiden, Testament etc, I also like Clapton, Zeppelin, the Beatles.

I'm bracing myself for an Internet beating now.

Brace away. I listen to Deicide, Nile, Vader, Burzum, Darkthrone, Maiden - and Jethro Tull are my favourite band with Def leppard and Fairport Convention in there too. I'm in a band that covers Cream, Hendrix, Beatles etc.

I still class myself as a metalhead though.

Brace away. I listen to Deicide, Nile, Vader, Burzum, Darkthrone, Maiden - and Jethro Tull are my favourite band with Def leppard and Fairport Convention in there too. I'm in a band that covers Cream, Hendrix, Beatles etc.

I still class myself as a metalhead though.

I haven't sported a denim jacket loaded with patches, long hair, reebok high tops in 20 years.

did this replace the denim patched up jacket?

129029784807919902.jpg

lols.

I never did the tight jeans/patches on the jacket thing. I was more of a mulleted, Jams (those long shorts) and metal tee shirt kinda guy. My mullet turned into a skater cut in the mid-late nineties.... I miss having hair.