Six degrees...

Brace away. I listen to Deicide, Nile, Vader, Burzum, Darkthrone, Maiden - and Jethro Tull are my favourite band with Def leppard and Fairport Convention in there too. I'm in a band that covers Cream, Hendrix, Beatles etc.

I still class myself as a metalhead though.

I think at one of your cover band gigs you should play 'Satan Spawn The Caco Daemon" . Including the intro music on the CD. I think that would go over very well

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you say a lot of metalheads followed VR, but to me Slipknot aren't metal. They're nu-metal and always will be.
VR, musically, were closer to rock and roll than nu-metal. Even someone whos vocals I love like Bruce or Halford wouldn't fit in VR. Corey Taylor and the rest of Slipknot - nope, not for me. I understand people like them, and I even liked a couple of tracks myself ("Gently" is pretty fucking awesome!) but they and the whole nu-metal genre will always be a joke to me.

when slipknot toured australia for the first time ive never seen such a purist metal crowd,tonnes of anthrax pantera testament t shirts,i dont consider slipknot nu metal.

when slipknot toured australia for the first time ive never seen such a purist metal crowd,tonnes of anthrax pantera testament t shirts,i dont consider slipknot nu metal.

I don't care if slipknot is nu metal / metal or what ever. I just think they are an average band with a gimmick. I saw them live at ozzfest one year (the year Maiden got egged) and they were honestly so bad I could barely even sit through them. Looked around and nobody seemed to be into them much.

Slipknot is the nu metal generations version of Slayer. Those nu metal kids think Slipknot is some crazy speed metal band. But in reality they are pussy shit compared to bands like Slayer or Deicide etc.

diff strokes for diff folkes,im not really into slipknot as much but i have seen them twice and they blew the roof off the joint both times,stone sour area fantastic live band too,more than a coincidence,some very talented people in those bands wit 1 hell of a frontman

I don't care what anyone says, I don't want him in a band with Slash and Duff. Then again, Velvet Revolver have been pretty shit since the start so why should I care?
I'll stick to my Slash's Snakepit CDs :lol:

I was so disappointed with Velvet Revolver. Why didn't they go with Bach instead of Whiny Weiland?

129029784807919902.jpg

That is the worst tattooed back I've ever seen. Some people donät have taste at all.

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing Corey with VR. He's definately one of the best singers around these days.

Here's a quick preview of what could be:

Last edited by a moderator: