Skald - Sagor från skogstjärnen

Mantis

Naturmistikk & Folktale
Jul 18, 2003
Eburum
Visit site
Have you listened to it? I think it's a very good album, it has a lot of potential and believe with a studio-production they could challenge many other folk-metal bands, besides Hebbe's lyrics remind me of Otyg and Mr. V way of writing, I know on their site it's written they are not searching for a label but if someone shows up I advice them to try and rock it hard :headbang:

Was a long time since I heard them now (got no working computer), but I like them. I especially like the well-written lyrics. And the many references to Otyg makes me smile. :)

About the other aspects I can't really make up my mind. At times I think the rather simple music arrangements creates a perfect atmosphere, and at times I find it a little too simplistic. Same with the vocals; sometimes I really like the style of them, and sometimes they seem too odd.

Looking forward to their next release with much anticipation .

Glad you like the demo.
I just have to point out that this was the first time we ever did something like this, and we were (and still are) amatures in what we're doing. None of us actually like that demo anymore, except for the 2nd song.
The next demo will not be as simplistic as the first one, it will have a "thicker" and more heavy sound + that I am experienting with my vocals a lot right now. I cannot stand the vocals myself.
And we might just have a bass-player as well... :cool:
The next one will be called Trolska Vemodsband (how's that pic coming amf?) and even though two songs already are completed, we will approach a more serious work after summer.

Mantis said:
will it be again freely avaiable?

Defintitly. We're still in the whole "not getting serious, just doing it for fun" thing. I think there's no reason having people paying for your demos when it's just a demo and when we haven't payed a goddamn thing to have it recorded. If we're not paying anything to have it recorded, no one should pay for hearing it. Simple as that.

EDIT: Probably the most fucking serious thing I've ever written drunk :kickass: