SL-X Clip

jeid

Terribad
Mar 9, 2009
Scotland
I've been working on a song idea (no cymbals btw, I can't be assed programming them in!) And tonight I thought I'd try micing up the amp with a couple of mics. Never tried a Sennheiser MD421 on a cab before, so today was the day. I really liked it, much more so than the 57. However, blended I liked it.

I've just done a high/low roll off on the entire track. The drums are just there for ideas for the other guys in the band. But anyway, linkage..

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3526809/SLX.mp3

it's MD421 and off centre SM57 on the left and MD421/SM57's on centre and off centre on the right

And the settings are..

Presence: 4
Bass: 7
Mids: 7
Treble: 6

Volume was only at 2 and a bit

Gain was 14 (basically 4)
Preamp was 6

Boosted with a Maxon OD808

I would try to bring the presence up a little more to make the guitars seem a little closer and alive. Maybe try a little more gain? I like the bass tone. It kind of has an Iron Maiden sound to it. I will have to try MD421 on the guitars now!

Yeah man, I think with the volume up more, it'd sing. A bit less bottom and a bit more presence. :)

Definitely has potential.
Needs some more "air" to the tone, but apart from that the general tonality is fairly good

Once I get my re-amp box, next week hopefully, I'll crank it up and hit record. I'm a bit scared of being in the same room as this thing when it's loud! :D

Thanks for taking a listen