slam brutal death (ENGL SE 6L6, Torpedo VB-101)

Djabthrash

Aug 26, 2007
Paris / Montpellier, FRANCE
Here is a quick snippet i recorded, taken from a song from my old brutal/crossover/slam death metal band (well deathcore, but the old kind, not the current one), Bloodwrapped.

Just wanted to record this for shit and giggles. As usual the guitars are sloppy as hell. I need to practice :)

I'll try to record some vocals soon. Drums are Superior 2, Bass is Trilian VSTi.

Ghetto premastering also.

Let me know what you think so far (and try to guess the influences we had at that time when writing that stuff :) ).

Sound and full details :

http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=9775

EDIT : Dropbox link added (before i post a new and improved version)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15008135/ot...edironsupremacy_20110213v1(wPreMastering).mp3

Sorry to always say that but I think it's undergained.

I'll give it another shot with a gainier setting (channel 4 instead of channel 3 mainly). This was the tone i use for most of my stuff which is more hardcore/metal/punk rock oriented. I'll try with a more saturated tone a la Suffocation for this kind of death metal stuff.

I like it as it is though :)

Apart from the lack of gain on guitars, anything else to add (good or bad) ?

Hmm, guitar tone is pretty weak, needs more gain and it seems to me that you need to pick a bit harder. Drums need a bit more humanizing, did you disable the SD2 humanizing functions? I dig the bass tone I guess. Snare is too mechanical (that's what I wrote about humanizing). Guitars need to be a bit louder too IMO. Once all of this is fixed it should be cool. :)

Hmm, guitar tone is pretty weak, needs more gain and it seems to me that you need to pick a bit harder. Drums need a bit more humanizing, did you disable the SD2 humanizing functions? I dig the bass tone I guess. Snare is too mechanical (that's what I wrote about humanizing). Guitars need to be a bit louder too IMO. Once all of this is fixed it should be cool. :)

Thanks for the feedback !

SD2 humanizing function was on IIRR, but i didn't change the snare velocities/timing enough i guess.

When i recorded the guitars my performance sucked, i've improved a bit ever since.

I'm gonna try to record a new version with a better performance and gainier guitars (and louder guitars) soon hopefully, and maybe humanize the drums a bit more.