slate 2.5 vs 3

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
hey, I just got my v3 and really like it (thanks Steven).
just wanted to give you guys a heads up before updating.
before copying the wavs into your sample folder you should rename some of the old sample-subfolders (for example snare 15 and snare5) because the samples in v3 don't always sound the same and you don't want them to overwrite the old ones (for example snare5 sounded (IMO) way better in 2.5...more cracky, less low-middy....snare15 is now snare22 (folder is still called snare15 though....both sound nice, but if you wanna have the option of using the snares from 2.5-rename the old folders.).

I haven't checked kicks yet.....

I would have preferred if steven gave the samples a new name/number if they're changed/different from the older versions sounds though, but it's not a big deal, just make sure to backup the old files if you wanna keep them

I wish I could participate, but for some strange reason nobody @slate is answering my mails.
Any way to tell what my current DAFS is?!
They do not print it on the CDs anymore :(
I own 2.01.

Cheers
OOT

anybody know what the deal with upgrading from 2 to 3 is? I bought 2 in january, right before 3 came out. I emailed slate first and was told that i would get a free upgrade to 3 once it came out, so i went ahead and bought 2. Now that 3 is out, they wont reply to my email about upgrading.

not to mention the dvd for 2 they sent me was screwed up and they told me they would send a replacement. of course they never did though.

I'm not very happy with steven slate at the moment.

I wish I could participate, but for some strange reason nobody @slate is answering my mails.
Any way to tell what my current DAFS is?!
They do not print it on the CDs anymore :(
I own 2.01.

Cheers
OOT

The DAFS is on the yellow sheet of paper you should have recieved with your discs.

just got 3 - awesome.

for my money the program itself blows away any other one i've heard. finally, cymbals that sound like cymbals in a mix. it's the first midi drum thing ever made by people who have good sound quality in mind.

brianhood, write an email with any concerns you got and put in the subject SLATE YOU FUCKING DICK REPLY TO ME NOW.. that should do the trick.. we'll take care of you.

if anyone hasn't gotten immediate replies its because we're too small of a company to handle the massive amount of attention 3.0 has gotten and we went from 30 emails a day to 300 emails a day. That not an exageration. 284 emails from yesterday alone. So we WILL get back to people. Hell I have the support emails going to my staff's blackberrys so we're gonna be on call 24/7.

Also, LE users who have issues with registration and the library not working, we'll probably have a patch tomorrow. And the groove library should be uploaded again, since it was offfline last week for some fixing.

And if anyone is still pissed about anything after this email, I will overnight you a bottle of Jack Daniels. Then we better be cool.

if anyone hasn't gotten immediate replies its because we're too small of a company to handle the massive amount of attention 3.0 has gotten and we went from 30 emails a day to 300 emails a day. That not an exageration.

It's nice to hear you've done so well.
I Personally can't afford it but, at my level I probably wouldn't be capable of using it that well either. Either way, cheers to you man. :kickass:

Has anyone had the chance to compare le to platinum? I'd really like to know if its worth the extra cash as I'm f'n broke right now.

Kits included in LE: Absolute Rock Kit, Beefy Dry Kit, Black Kit (Metallica), Chili Kit (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chunky Rock Kit (Foo Fighters), Classic Pop Kit, Classic Vintage Kit, Cracky Metal Kit, Crisp Rock Kit, Dan Steel Kit (Steely Dan), Deep Rock Kit, Dream Kit (Dream Theater), Fat Radio Rock Kit, Metal Dream Kit, Modern Rock Kit, Jimmy Kit, Perfect Rock Kit, Ringy Hit Kit, Slate Custom Kit, Tommy Kit (Motley Crue)