Slate Chinas

See, to me Steve, I would never guess that was even a china, sounds much more like a slightly dirty crash to my ears :/ I really like chinas to have that "kah kah" or "kish kish" sound; maybe check out some Wuhan models? They're cheap, but chinas are supposed to sound cheap, so I've heard great things about 'em for that purpose :D

To be honest, maybe it's because I've been using it for like 5 years (which will change once you release EX :D), but I love the china in the original DFH sample pack - here's a clip

And here's the original song that beat is from (2:17 especially highlights what I think is the perfect china sound, and the section the beat I uploaded above is from comes right after - pretty proud of my transcribing for that one :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Zildjian Chinas. They never sound right to me. I prefer a Wuhan any day. I had a guy in the other day with a Sabian Paragon (I think it was) china that sounded really good too.

All personal preference of course, but I like the trashy "kish" or however it sounds.

+1 on that video metaltastic
behemoth is awesome >.<

i love the chinas on Conquer all
(the intro of the song)

Last edited by a moderator:
that sample clip had a pretty dark china.. there is only one variance in a china so they are pretty straightforward to sample... I'll do a bunch this week and post them, you guys can pick your favs and we'll add them to SSD 3.5 updates.

that sample clip had a pretty dark china.. there is only one variance in a china so they are pretty straightforward to sample... I'll do a bunch this week and post them, you guys can pick your favs and we'll add them to SSD 3.5 updates.

And that's why you, sir, are a top gent indeed :headbang: Dark Chinas or GTFO! :D

Yeah I'm with Aaron that china is sick.

Some other chinas I would like to see in 3.5 (because I'm with everyone else, I think the 2 chinas in 3.0 are not that impressive, especially the larger of the 2):

Ziljian Oriental Trash china 16"
Wuhan china 20"
Sabian HHX china 18"
Meinl Byzance China Traditional Cymbal 20"
Paiste Rude Novo China Cymbal 18"

I would also love to see one of these guys in the effects cymbal selection as well:
Zildjian Zil-Bel Cymbal 9"

Because although they are a stupid fucking effect cymbal I have had a couple bands have them in their setup. For better or worse :lol:.

Yeah I'm with Aaron that china is sick.

Some other chinas I would like to see in 3.5 (because I'm with everyone else, I think the 2 chinas in 3.0 are not that impressive, especially the larger of the 2):

Ziljian Oriental Trash china 16"
Wuhan china 20"
Sabian HHX china 18"
Meinl Byzance China Traditional Cymbal 20"
Paiste Rude Novo China Cymbal 18"

I would also love to see one of these guys in the effects cymbal selection as well:
Zildjian Zil-Bel Cymbal 9"

Because although they are a stupid fucking effect cymbal I have had a couple bands have them in their setup. For better or worse :lol:.

Huge +1 on the zil bell
the drummer for the band I most recently recorded has two of them
and uses them quite tastefully actually, in my opinion
using them as an extension of the drum set
rather than just using it before a breakdown like most people do.
I had to sample my own for their session but would love it if it already came in the slate samples:)

+1 >.<

Excellent. You cant beat that. that right there is customer service and a tall glass of stfu to the naysayers.