Slate Le or Platinum

Nov 6, 2006
Taylor, MI
Im working on a project that i need drum samples for. Im running on a budget and thinking about slate le. Is that a bad move or should i bite my lip and just get platinum?

Is LE still being sold? I know EX is going to be released pretty soon, and I thought it was replacing LE.

Someone else will know more.

i bought the LE today and used the "download" option.

i haven't used the other one - but the LE is packed with some pretty good stuff. if you're on a budget - i'd say it's a good deal. if you buy off Steven's website it's like 145 - if you go to Sam Ash and buy - you get a rebate. i think it's like $25 off. except - i didn't see a 'download' option off Ash. might be one.. i didn't look real hard.

Yeah i saw the sam ash thing. Im pretty positive its only hard copy and the rebate is mail in. I just want to know if it is worth tiding me over until i upgrade to platinum. From what i hear on the website the kits included in le are pretty killer.

i just recently bought LE, and from what i can say so far there are a lot of great sounding kits in there.
i guess the SE might be even better (=more), but on a budget the LE will do just fine.

coming from addictive drums, i can only say that SSD SHITS all over AD. even the LE is way more versatile that AD could ever be.
it's also sooo easy to use....i program a lot of drum beats in guitar pro, and with SSD it's just drag n drop into your DAW. with AD you have to use a whole different drum map (why-the-fuck would anyone program a drum software like that?????), and converting thins has been a PITA for me.

get LE. you wont be disappointed.....if cash is not an issue i guess SE will be even better though.