Slate EX Presets

My post above was not directed in anyway at you Andy, it was at "Neverpurify" ... I'm sure you know how to use compression and EQ and all .. I wrote that stuff directed at him to make a point about something. You'll see that the post I made answering yours explains everything else

Honestly, if you pick the right ones for the mix, there's not a whole lot of processing needed to get a decent sound.

actually skinny viking I don't live on this forum so I must have missed the exact moment that it started being frowned upon. could you give me the date so I can get up to speed? I wanna make sure I'm saying what I'm supposed to when I post for now on. and what's the difference in someone talking about presets and people posting screenshots?

I don't particularly like threads about what someone should do with their hair that day but I don't fly off the handle about it.

I must have missed the exact moment that it started being frowned upon. could you give me the date so I can get up to speed?

"but if you're on here enough you kinda get the idea of how and when the whole thing started to be a bit frowned upon,"

what's the difference in someone talking about presets and people posting screenshots?

"if someone chooses to share their presets for something, thats their choice"

I don't particularly like threads about what someone should do with their hair that day but I don't fly off the handle about it.

It's called OFF TOPIC for a reason

The point is that we want people to learn and not just be able to stroll in and have instant gratification, as many people on this board have skillsets and sounds that took weeks/months/years to develop.

I'm sure you would get a lot of information about using Slate drums if you joined the Slate forum too. :)

Slate posts here regularly and he goes above and beyond to help out people having problems, but if you aren't looking for any specific information, it is a bit hard for us to give you tips because we don't know where to start.

could someone give me some.. pre....s......e......

:D

:lol::lol::lol:

epic thread. not close to the tact thingy, but damn close :)
why cant the young guys go by trial and error and actually learn something...
pulling up presets is not being a talented engineer (unless you created those presets yourself)
so - go try things out. dont expect to get "the" sound in 5 minutes.

Though I think It's not ok to post a pic with a facepalm, which literally says the thread starte is kind of an idiot, dcb is totally right. presets are not getting you anywhere. +you don't really need to do a lot on those SSD. you cannot really compare the SD2 preset thread with this one. It's a bit like: "I got a (real) kit in my living room. Could you get me presets on every mic on the set?"

I honestly cant understand what the fuss is all about?

If someone wants to ask for presets then fine.
If someone wants to post a preset then fine.
If you don't like reading this kind of thread then don't bother.

Maybe a rule can be made that the thread title must have <REQ Preset> or something similar at the beginning so people can enter or avoid at a glance.

1270743852353.jpg

:heh:

Fine I'll help you bro.
Here's what I do:
As I don't really care for the cymbals in SSD-EX, I still use the overheads and hi-hats from EZD/DFH. I have a REAPER track template in which both DFH and SSD are loaded. I disable the snare toms and kick in DFH and load into SSD-EX: Kicks 5 and 10 (blended), I can't recall the snare models at the moment but its the piccolo and black snare, and the Qik toms. I then route all to seperate tracks. The hi-hats and overheads get treated with eq and very mild compression. The SSD tracks are untouched. Then a compressor (density) on the buss.