Steven Slate Drums LE Presets ??

combo666

New Metal Member
Sep 18, 2007
www.bandbase.dk
Does anyone of you super producing sneapsters have some pro sounding presets for SSD LE, that you are willing to share ??

I (being noob'ish with drums) am having a hard time getting a good metal sound (a la Killswitch Engage and Devildriver).

Thanks in advance :)

You will learn a lot more if you tweak sounds yourself and do not rely on others to provide presets that work for them. And if you search the forum, you might find things too.

I know, and i have searched and learned alot on this great forum.

But i thought it would make good sense to see how you other guys do it.

And learning that way around.

I don't live english speaking country, so sometimes the techtalk goes right over my head, so i want to see how it's done.

There's nothing else to be said, so I'm just going to sneer at you with a combined look of contempt and mild annoyance.

They are talking about doing it on the Steven Slate Forum
http://www.stevenslatedrums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1443

So this being a metal forum, i thought this would be a good place to ask.

I think Gareths being a bit harsh, but presets are sort of frowned upon in this forum recently, reason being is that they never really work for a quick fix, you can have x bands drum sound and y bands guitar sound, but that doesnt mean they'll work together.

Most members on here know this so they spend time crafting their own tones instead of looking for other peoples to *borrow* as it were.

That said, there's something to be said for looking at how other people do things, but I think getting a semi-pro sound going on for yourself is mostly a trial by fire experience.

Why not ask on the Slate Forum then? :lol:

I don't think anyone here is going to help you out with presets.

I feel like my combined sneer of contempt and mild annoyance is more than justified for the exact reasons you just listed Owen, especially that last one.

It's a trial by fire experience. Maybe I'm just a stingy asshole but I haven't spent the last 4 and a half years fucking with the attack knob on vst compressors, yelling profanities at mic positions because they won't sound the way I want them too and getting infuriated with vocal editing just to give someone the settings and enable them to get a similar sound in 30 seconds flat with zero genuine hard work or effort.

OK! Guys relax! I'm not here to try to steal your sound or steal your work or anything like that !!!

I was just trying learn something new!
I have been EZDrummer for some years and have been using SSD LE since it came out.
So it's not like i haven't tried, i just don't the same "ear" as you guys on this forum.

I mean this forum is flooded with revalver presets, great free vst amps, real amp settings and impulses.
So i thought why not share SSD presets as well!

But if you don't want to share your presets, then don't, i only asking if someone would help me learn.

And i know that a presets that works for you, might not work for me, but that was not the point.
The point was to learn from all the different presets that people are using, and NOT to steal anything.

And the reason that i didn't ask on the SSD forum first, is that this is the best forum on the www. IMO

I'm sorry if some people feel offended, that was not the purpose of this thread.

No worries man! Just type slate in the search and listen to people's mixes to see what you like. Most people here (this isnt gearslutz) explain exactly what they are doing when processing slate samples so just start looking theres a wealth of info on this forum.

I know you aren't "stealing" anyones work, but you aren't putting in the effort yourself, and you clearly aren't reading any of the available resources either!
Do a search for snare processing tips and there will be a whole bunch of topics that have ideal settings for compressors, eq's, reverbs, blah blah blah.

Oz did a guide to recording acoustic metal drums. Included in that guide is a huge section on how to MIX said recorded drums. Apply that guide to superior 2.0 or addictive drums and you will get a good sound.

There are topics going on about having trouble making Slate drums work in mixes, and how to help them work in mixes better.

It's not that you're asking that's annoying me, it's not even the begging for presets, it's the fact that you're a lazy little shit who couldn't be arsed to search for a few terms that would obviously have already been covered on this forum.

dont worry if people are offended or not...its their fault anyways haha

dude i know where your comin from so dont feel bad at all, keep looking around and keep asking and keep tweaking..eventually youll find something you like.

as for me, no i dont have a preset for you, but if i did itd be yours!

good luck

Thanks "Everybody" :)

And "TheXRatedDodo" you need to relax and stop calling me stuff like "lazy little shit", i don't remember speaking badly about you !!!
I am just trying find a solution to a problem, so if you can't or are not willing to help, why are you wasting your time on this thread ??

And by the way, i am NOT a "lazy little shit", I am a familyman with a dayjob and doing music as a hobby, but i don't much time to spend on this hobby, with a wife and two kids!
AND i have read alot of threads about mixed drums on this forum, but like i said in the first post, not being a native english speaking person, some the techtalk gets a little heavy.

So please stop the bashing! We do not need another problem, we need a solution.