Slayer bench <---- funny!!

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
This is a great story and picture. :)

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has obtained a photo of one of the offending SLAYER bus benches scattered throughout the city of Fullerton, California which have caused city officials to demand their removal. The 17 bus benches, which "went up" this past weekend, are promoting SLAYER's new album, "Christ Illusion". This past Monday (July 31), the city officials called the company that the group's record label (American) hired to put the ads in place, demanding that they remove the SLAYER ad/artwork, reportedly because they did not like the name of the band, which they feel refers to a murderer. They are also apparently offended by the antichrist and skull logo on the bench artwork.

Check out a photo of one of the SLAYER bus benches at this location.

As previously reported, SLAYER will film a war-themed video for the song "Eyes of the Insane" with director Tony Petrossian (KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, SLIPKNOT, STONE SOUR). No further details are available at this time.
Due on August 8, "Christ Illusion" is SLAYER's first new studio album since 2001, and the first recorded by the band's original line-up — Kerry King (guitar), Tom Araya (bass, vocals), Jeff Hanneman (guitars), Dave Lombardo (drums) — since 1990's "Seasons In The Abyss". "Christ Illusion" was produced by Josh Abraham and executive-produced by Rick Rubin.

slayer_bench.jpg

Some people are SO square...
bs.gif

I guess promoting a damn rap album is alright even if they only preach for violence, drugs and prostitution.

NP: Dream Theater - 'Never Enough'

Wyvern said:
Some people are SO square...
bs.gif

I guess promoting a damn rap album is alright even if they only preach for violence, drugs and prostitution.

NP: Dream Theater - 'Never Enough'

I totally agree... this is just BS!

Universal is promoting the record?!
Why? Slayer doesn't sell more than their
standard 200,000 records in the states anymore?!
Money wasted, more so now that they are being removed?!
Their fan based gets the record on release date and the record is dead the next week...

sixxswine said:
Universal is promoting the record?!
Why? Slayer doesn't sell more than their
standard 200,000 records in the states anymore?!
Money wasted, more so now that they are being removed?!
Their fan based gets the record on release date and the record is dead the next week...

You can't get better Promotion than that. Public controversy. I don't know how much the bench ads cost but I'll bet that it's cheaper than radio and more people wil see and hear about these "outrageous" ads.

all that I see it is that Slayer becomes increasingly commercial by using new methods to carry out much more benefit

Death Animal said:
How hard is to do one Slayer bench.
Need just some wood and couple of nails and Slayer.

Yep. I did think that only Kiss would do something like this.

I can just picture Kerry King dressed up as Paul Stanley, puckering his lips and yelling out "come on" to the audience in a high pitched voice. :lol:

can't wait to hear the new Slayer though....

Bryant

Mad.Butcher said:
all that I see it is that Slayer becomes increasingly commercial by using new methods to carry out much more benefit
Um... so what? I hope they sell more and more albums.

sixxswine said:
Universal is promoting the record?! Why? Slayer doesn't sell more than their standard 200,000 records in the states anymore?! Money wasted, more so now that they are being removed?! Their fan based gets the record on release date and the record is dead the next week...

Actually, closer to 500,000 units total sales - Slayer is one of the only bands in the history of Warner Bros. Records who have had all of their albums go gold. I wouldn't be surprised if Universal is promoting the record. The way that things keep changin in the music industry, Universal may be doing the distribution for American now.

Figures that something like this ad would be found to be offensive in the band's home county of Orange - it's primarily Republicans.

I know one of the heads of the transportation authority for the buses that run in my county. I wonder if I can get him to save me one of these ads when they remove them...? :kickass: :lol: