Slayer hitting studio in March!!!

Let's hope it's a good effort. Although the arrangement/songs are good on World Painted... the prodution was crap. Really thin guitars. Same guy who did Death Magnetic I believe. They need the soudn beefing up again like God Hates us All.

On a related note, I read that Tom and Dave are Catholics. Struck me as a bit hypocritical considering their music and it's changed my view of them somewhat now!

Slayer to do a slow ballad...

Yer right.

Can't wait either.

On a related note, I read that Tom and Dave are Catholics. Struck me as a bit hypocritical considering their music and it's changed my view of them somewhat now!

Why should that matter at all? If a person writes a book or directs a movie about evil/satan/ect. you don't expect them to be some satanic bastard, why should it be any different if somebody writes music about it?
It's just a gimmick, and a damn good one at that. Can't wait for the new one.

Regarding Tom & Dave's catholicism - I listened to a great interview with Tom on a local radio a year or two ago.

He pretty much said that the 4 guys you see on stage are merely cartoon characters of the real men themselves. As he said once they are off the stage they are just normal men, some with families and so forth. Tom came across as a very nice, polite and friendly person. Basically he stated his time as a triage nurse (or hospital orderly I think it was) inspired a lot of his song writing. He writes mostly about the horror and war themes whilst Dave, Kerry wrote mostly about the religious, satanic stuff.

But at the end of the day it isn't his mantra - it's simply lyrics - well from Tom's point of view. I have read that Kerry is pretty much what you see is what you get on and off stage.

So in reality the perception that life imitates art is still blurring the lines.

I reckon Christ Illusion is their best record since SITA. Killer record start to finish..... I don't think people gave that record the time or listens that it deserves.