Slayer-reign in blood

This is definetly the album that put Slayer on the map and even though Slayer's musicianship/songwriting was better on South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss... Reigning Blood started the whole ball.. back then (not by today's standards) Slayer was considered Black Metal and to me they still are.. they were one of the originators along with Venom and others.. if these bands never existed countless of BM Bands today might not be in existence as well... as for Lombardo being overrated.. again what he did back then directly or indirectly influenced drummers/bands today whether they like to admit it or not.. you only need to go to a Slayer concert and see people's reactions to songs from that album especially Angel of Death... that album blew my mind away back in 1986 when i read a review of it in Kerrang or Aardshock magazine cant remember which... i used to listen to that album over and over when i first got it back in 86... metal fans not from that era because they were a sperm cell, Egg or Embryo will not understand what it was like to first hear that album back then.. now it may not make a impact because of the prolific and overwhelming amount of BM, Thrash etc.. bands nowadays .. but think about where it all originated from and how few bands that played that kind of music existed back then and why that album was and still is important and awesome ... :)

This by far is a great classic metal masterpiece which set the scene for everything that is out today. This is the album that put slayer on the map as far as I'm concerned.

Let's just put it this way. Reign in Blood is probably 29 minutes of the greatest thrash metal songs that we have heard. The next greatest thrash album is Megadeth's Rust in Peace or So Far So Good ect. Catch my Drift.

F, is for fighting
R, is for red
Ancestor's blood in battles they've shed
E, we elect them
E, we eject them
In the land of the free and the home of the brave
D, for your dying
O, your overture
M, will cover your grave with manure
This spells out freedom, it means nothing to me
As long as there is a P.M.R.C

Under a Stone said:
Great album but at times i think Hell Awaits beats it

Same here. Their two best albums by far though.

As far as Lombardo's drumming, coming from someone who is NOT musician, just an avid listener, I don't know exactly what kind of drumming he is doing, or what kind of drums, etc. but it sounds awesome to me! I've listened to bands that people said the drummer was great in and didn't like the sound. But I love Lombardo's sound.

What I think Lombardo has that other metal drummers lack is ... GROOVE!

He just plays almost laid back ... his drumming is far from perfect, and sometimes sounds sloppy live ... but by God ... he is the master of his art!

Erik said:
Slayer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Haunted

Anything thrashy from 15-20 years ago beats anything today (except LETHAL (SWE) and TOXIC HOLOCAUST (USA)) by fucking MILES. And I say that being 19 years old.

And I totally agree, being only 21.

I, for one, do enjoy Seasons better, myself. Not as groundbreaking, but I can connect to the songs more.

I personaly think this was one of there better albums slayer in my opinian is one of the most influential bands in metal my personal fav. is raining blood when I saw them live and they did that the mosh pit made the L.A. riots look like play time at barneys house and the reson why the whole world is on dave lombardos nuts is he was one of the first guys to do double bass
SLAYER RULES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :Smokedev:

:devil:
Satan
Laughs
As
You
Eternaly
Rot
:devil:

The previous two, "Show No Mercy" and "Hell Awaits" were both plagued by rough production which prevented Slayer from sounding as brutal as they should have been.

"Reign In Blood" puts matters right, as Rick Rubin's production put them over the top, with a precise and clean sound few have ever topped.

seasons in the abyss is complete shit compared to reign in blood

are people serious??

While I agree that RiB is better than Seasons, seasons is far from complete shit compared to anything, it is a fantastic album

And Lomardo is not over-rated, the work he does on the albums doesn't necccassarily represent how gooder drummer he is, plus it's not just speed and blasting that determines the skill of a drummer; Lombardo makes Slayer who they are to a large degree, his fills and patterns are awesome and are memorable parts of many slayer songs.

All I have to say is Reign In Blood deserves its status as a classic thrash album. Seasons In The Abyss is pretty great but it still does not equal Reign In Blood.

Dän;5924594 said:
While I agree that RiB is better than Seasons, seasons is far from complete shit compared to anything, it is a fantastic album

And Lomardo is not over-rated, the work he does on the albums doesn't necccassarily represent how gooder drummer he is, plus it's not just speed and blasting that determines the skill of a drummer; Lombardo makes Slayer who they are to a large degree, his fills and patterns are awesome and are memorable parts of many slayer songs.

:kickass:

Yo Slayers bad. There overrated, the singing sucks dick, the guitar's sound like a dog burning(the bad way), the drums are beat as shit, and i dont fucking care about the bass. What im saying is that Slayers really bad.