Slayer

WASP , you know TORMENNTOOR, tormentorrrrrrrr, oh sorry. ANyway It doesnt say anything in linear notes so i figured it was just Tom or one of the guys in the band. By the way Wasp's Tormentor kicks ass.

I noticed a few more-than-coincidental references by Slayer to the Nazis...a few songs about them, and also their fanclub which is entitled.....!

Are they sympathetic towards the Reich?

just for the record... when Rob Halford came out of the closet about his homosexuality, kerry King said his disappointment and that he will never love JP as he used to.... so maybe they are not nazis (I don't belive they are) but Kerry King is damn stupid (and a lousy soloist) :(

Dodens Grav said:
Even if they were, it would have no bearing on the music. Not to mention the singer is some type of Hispanic. They're not all "Tr00 Aryan" or anything, it's just more interesting to touch on controversial topics, as has been proven ad hominem.

I think you are mixing up two concepts here Dodens.

"Ad Hominem" is latin for "Personal attack" and as such a invalid argument see here: http://www.utm.edu/research/iep/f/fallacies.htm#Ad%20Hominem

I think what you mean is "Ad infinitum" see here:

http://www.answers.com/topic/ad-infinitum

In this context it would mean it has been proven time and time again without end.

They are not Nazi's as alot of Black Metal bands aren't satanists.. they all use it as a gimmick to shock people and draw fans to them.. Slayer aren't satanists either even though they sing about such things such as in the Reign in Blood album..

T.I.E. said:
but Kerry King is damn stupid (and a lousy soloist) :(

Agree on both counts :D

As for the record Slayer are not Nazis in the Adolf boy's sense. The same way with Lemmy from Motorhead who collects Nazi regalia.

I will fell much more confortable if they won't even touch the subject, but at least they're not a bunch of psycho white-power right-wing nuts that can be found in the KKK and some BMNS bands
pukeface.gif

An remember that controversy as well as sex sells.

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
They are not Nazi's as alot of Black Metal bands aren't satanists.. they all use it as a gimmick to shock people and draw fans to them.. Slayer aren't satanists either even though they sing about such things such as in the Reign in Blood album..

Yes, the good old controversy they draw for them making songs on Nazis like Angel of Death and Behind the Crooked Cross. Does it make someone bringing up the topic on Nazis show that they're actually Nazis? Of course not. Slayer clearly said they made songs about them but they're not saying it was bad or good.

On the topic of Nazism and Satanism. Other than black metal and a few death metal groups, metal bands don't follow it seriously.