SLAYER's - World Painted Blood

Fuck me, it's almost exactly what I have been saying, see I know my shit, the only thing however I disagree with is this comment

"Die-hard Slayer fanboys will absolutely love it just because its Slayer"

Wrong, I have been listening to SLAYER since 1985 and he has got that one wrong, infact I am willing to go as far as saying it will kill alot of the Die-hards passion for SLAYER as they are making a mockery of our support with a half arse shoddy attempt

Show No Mercy will always be the best in my book.

Tormen--TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Okay guys, I gave it a serious listen... But I still don't think it is as bad as you guys say. Still, I'm kinda new to metal and I was overwhelmed by fanboyism. still I say 3/5
Not as great as I made it sound like in my mind... Even I could have improved some of the songs...

You're still a n00b so a lot of crappy tuff will sound good to your ears :lol:

Seriously though, once you start delving into thrash more yo'll discover more bands and your expectations will raise themselves higher and higher every day. Which is exactly why nothing impresses me anymore.

Which is exactly why nothing impresses me anymore.

Except this right?

2082.jpg

Diabolus in musica is way fudging better than the new one, bitter peace by itself pisses all over every track combined from the new one.

Diabolus has some generic, corny dropped D riffs. The only song I really dig on that one is "POINT." The new one grew on me abit, but the production is messed thanks to Mr Fidelman. Definitely not the best, but not complete fail either. Each album is a new chapter in the demented SLAYER bible.

Just got it and only listened to first 3 tracks but first thing i though was it sounded like Death Magnetic. I didn't like the Wah and it was a bit boring, which is shit really as im going to see them and this does not bode well atm :(

The album kind of of grew on me a little and some songs are quite good imo.

I think Araya delivers one of his best performance on this record as well as Dave whose drumming is still as intense and wild.

But the record is heavily plagued by Fidelman's atrocious production. I'll never support his "flat-as-fuck-demolike-amateurish-clipping-fest" approach to metal.

I wonder what kind of persuasion technique this guy uses to make experimented bands like Metallica and Slayer believe his work sounds good...