SLAYER's - World Painted Blood

Slatanictrash

Aug 5, 2009
Glasgow
Well I eventually got my Cd today (Thanks Royal Mail for the prompt delivery despite an email from HMV stating that it was posted on Saturday)

I have listened to it and must say I am kinda disapointed with it, to be honest I wasn't really expecting it to be an outstanding album but for fuck sake Kerry, lay off the tremlo arms, it so fuckin boring hearing you continously squealing the guitar just for the sake of squealing the guitar.

I would say Infected Nations beats World Painted Blood hands down by reasoning that Evile at least had the balls to vary the styles of the songs and each track sounds different from the one before, on World Painted Blood however, some songs sounds almost similar to the previous one

Final rating for World Painted Blood 6 1/2 out of 10

It's easier to write 6.5 then 6 1/2:p

I'm old skool son :loco:

:lol::lol::lol:

P.s It's type not write

:p

Its easier to just admt that it barely classes as music inthe first place than to actually rate it. Fucking shoddy attempt from Slayer.

There are 3 decent tracks though but the rest is poor, dunno about shoddy but it doesn't feel like SLAYER, even the sound quality is weird, a throwback to Diabolus In Musica style of sound which I fuckin hated.

I did say that Christ Illusions should be their last album but this definitely has to be their last, it's time to finish writing albums and just tour instead guys

HOLY mother fucking shit!
Its Amazing
SSSLLLAAAYYYEEERRR

*I joke, ive not listened to it yet, ive never really gotten into Slayer, although i guess ive never given em a proper listen

Reign In Blood is a fucking masterpiece! Shame on you for not listening to it! Even though I'e only listened to Seasons In The Abyss once I can say its really good. World Painted Blood Commes somewhere close behind Show No Mercy for me (keep in mind I haven't heard all albums) so yeah, I think everything Slayer is good shit.

Phew....I thought I was on my own. I've had the album about a month, and haven't enjoyed listening to it at all. Told some mates it was pants...they've now got it, and they love it. I just don't like the album at all, which is strange considering I even love Diabolus In Musica :D

it's pants.

An accurate assesment from the highly esteemed singer and rhythm guitarist from a band called Evile

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Phew....I thought I was on my own. I've had the album about a month, and haven't enjoyed listening to it at all. Told some mates it was pants...they've now got it, and they love it. I just don't like the album at all, which is strange considering I even love Diabolus In Musica :D

Dave, I have the impression that your mates are aged between 16 + 22 yrs old, if so then I can understand why they would like it as they have missed out on probably the greatest expierence in 1985 when Reign in Blood came out and it just transformed my life.

As you guys know I am a huge SLAYER fan but this album is such a major let down, I hated DIM as I mentioned before but WPB has come fuckin close to being the worst SLAYER album ever, it's saving grace I suppose it has 3 listenable songs that I can enjoy but it's still a poor return from 11 tracks whereas DIM has only 1 track that stood out and that was Stain of Mind hence making it for me, the worst album ever

What I found funny though is that Metal Hammer gave Infected Nations a very honest write up and gave it 7/10 which I think is a fair assesment and WPB for some reason got 8/10, did the reviewer actually listen to the album or did he see the word SLAYER and thought this is going to be an amazing album.

How I miss the days when SLAYER released great albums and I got excited hearing them.

Its easier to just admt that it barely classes as music inthe first place than to actually rate it. Fucking shoddy attempt from Slayer.

Everything Slayer produce is shoddy and half arsed.
If Kerry King didn't have that fucking whammy, dear god, his life would end.
There was a video containing 30 sec clips of every song, it just sounded like one big song which had been stopped at random intervals then restarted.

get seasons in the abyss and reign in blood. and shit your face out, classics.

Wheres Show No Mercy in that list Matt?

disappoint.jpg

I won't be buying a copy of World Painted Blood. I can't afford to buy albums like that any more just for the sake of collecting a band's discography.

I'll stick to the few Slayer albums I really love and look forward to seeing them live in couple of weeks. :kickass: