SLC ??? Ladies

We have played the song before with no keyboards and it never sounds right to me...probably because I've been listening to the song since it first came out and I'm used to the way it is on the CD. Anyway, I think your part is essential for a song like this ~ it makes it sound..well..more "epic".

:erk: Well, if anybody else feels this way about this tune live, please let us know and we'll stop performing it if it is sounding sub-par. I didn't realize you felt that way Wanda.:cry:

Sub-par?? :zombie: I've heard it twice now, and it kicked major ass both times.

You were at shows where we used bass pedals..still not as good as keyboards but better than not having any keyboard sound at all. I don't think the band has ever played the song "sub-par" because everyone works really hard to get their part just right. However, we have had to do without keys at some of the smaller venues because there wasn't enough room for bass pedals/keyboards. Fortunately, most people really like that song and have never had an opportunity to hear it live so they're just happy to hear it at all. Please don't get me wrong - it's a good song with or without keyboards...I'm just really used to the way it sounds on the CD .;)

Fortunately, most people really like that song and have never had an opportunity to hear it live so they're just happy to hear it at all. Please don't get me wrong - it's a good song with or without keyboards...I'm just really used to the way it sounds on the CD .;)

I have both Iron Maidens CDs. I love listening to them. I have several Iron Maiden CDs and love listening to them too.
When I come to your shows, however, I don't come to hear music that sounds just like a CD. I come to your shows to hear live music, and see, hear, and feel the energy of live music that can never fully be captured on a CD no matter how high-tech the engineering or recording equipment. And Alexander, as Paul said, does kick major ass each time I've heard it, and each of you deserves credit for making it so.
If you can manage to bring in keyboards, great.
But for God's sakes please don't make it sound just like a CD!

:erk: Well, if anybody else feels this way about this tune live, please let us know and we'll stop performing it if it is sounding sub-par. I didn't realize you felt that way Wanda.:cry:

Well my CD case of SIT is worn out from playing that CD and I understand what Wanda is describing.
I've seen y'all play that one 4 times, 2 with pedals and 2 without. They do add a layer of color to the sound and IMHO sounds a bit better with them, it can stand on it's own without them.

Some of the folks, like me, that have been hearing the song for 20 years may notice a slight absence of something but will be really excited to hear the song played live at all. I'm a stickler for nuances Linda and I don't think, sans pedals, it was anywhere near what you would call "sub-par".

It is a great song that Maiden never played live, and the fans are eating it up and excited to hear it. Leave it in! :worship:

Jim

I have both Iron Maidens CDs. I love listening to them. I have several Iron Maiden CDs and love listening to them too.
When I come to your shows, however, I don't come to hear music that sounds just like a CD. I come to your shows to hear live music, and see, hear, and feel the energy of live music that can never fully be captured on a CD no matter how high-tech the engineering or recording equipment. And Alexander, as Paul said, does kick major ass each time I've heard it, and each of you deserves credit for making it so.
If you can manage to bring in keyboards, great.
But for God's sakes please don't make it sound just like a CD!

No worries Matt - we promise not to become a robot band! :lol: We're studious about learning our parts because that's what the music demands of us and what we demand of ourselves. But when it comes to actual playing, music is a living and breathing entity with a life all it's own. It isn't meant to be played by rote, even in the studio. Some of the greatest moments are the unexpected ones and that's the beauty of it all.