Slipknot Cover "Disasterpiece" with vocals posted!!!

hahaha, no sweat dude, glad it got bumped so you could tell me :) yea dude, that ISO booth is great. also, i had my studio cans on while holding the vocal box with the mic in it, and walked around my room very slowly while talking into the mic, and as i walked around my room i would talk into the mic, verbally telling myself where i was in the room at that exact moment while recording myself, AND THEN i listened back to the track and heard where the sweetest sounding spot was in my room...thought i would share that as well! ;)

This is an awesome idea, I'm sure it must've been done before a million times but I had never heard of it

Notuern- yea, it's funny, cause everyone i show the cover to goes..."oh yea, Slipknot...forgot about them."

This is an awesome idea, I'm sure it must've been done before a million times but I had never heard of it

hahaha, yea, i had actually never heard of doing it this way either to be honest, just figured it made sense, but i heard about some kind of software called "room wizard" or something like that that has some magic usb wand that you use to find all the sweet spots in your room etc. to help you set everything up in the best possible way. i think that might have been what influenced the idea. :)

**on a side note; i just heard that they found Paul (the bassist) dead in an Iowa hotel room yesterday...or today. i'm hearing it might have been an overdose. SUCKS!! :cry:**

Very nice job. I always sound like a little girl when I try to scream like that ... but you did a good job.
Thanks a lot for sharing it with us!
Take care

Scott

so did you use the OD (lol Overdose, paul's death haha cruel joke) pedal in ampegsvx to dirty it up, or an external plug? Sorry to harrass you, I'm a curious little shit

ouch, hahaha...cruel joke indeed :p nah, i used a bit of the gain (not too much though), but no OD pedal, i got the dirtiness from the settings on my Spector...friggin love the response of that thing when i mess with it! :)

shredder10- i am pleased you loved it

...and again thanks to everyone that gave this the time of day! you all :headbang: