Snare blast beats

It's all good, that's what forums are for! haha

Drumagog is just really, really bad at detecting hits compared to Trigger, and it has a bad habit of randomly triggering, triggering in the wrong place (random delay). I used to have to go through all my printed triggered drums and phase align half the samples with the mic track because Drumagog decided to be inconsistent. With Trigger you just shift the entire track by a certain number of ms and you're done!

Basically Trigger does everything better than Drumagog, costs about the same, and just feels better to use overall. I've always found Drumagog to be clunky and a struggle to use.

Might sound like I'm hating on Drumagog and a Trigger fanboy, but I used Drumagog for 6 years, only recently switched to Trigger last year and it's night and day.

Split at each snare transient - Make MIDI blips - Use a sampler with round robin

Blend in the original track

Jailor Serrys

It's all good, that's what forums are for! haha

Drumagog is just really, really bad at detecting hits compared to Trigger, and it has a bad habit of randomly triggering, triggering in the wrong place (random delay). I used to have to go through all my printed triggered drums and phase align half the samples with the mic track because Drumagog decided to be inconsistent. With Trigger you just shift the entire track by a certain number of ms and you're done!

Basically Trigger does everything better than Drumagog, costs about the same, and just feels better to use overall. I've always found Drumagog to be clunky and a struggle to use.

Might sound like I'm hating on Drumagog and a Trigger fanboy, but I used Drumagog for 6 years, only recently switched to Trigger last year and it's night and day.

Ok, thank you! I'll give it a shot!

Split at each snare transient - Make MIDI blips - Use a sampler with round robin

Blend in the original track

Jailor Serrys

Splitting each fucking transient in a blast beat in a 7 minute long song? :D And then again, using a sampler will actually blow away the idea of having some natural snare sound, i'd might just make a superrior-drummer track for snare then...

Just turn everything else down during blastbeats. duh.

if the drummer will play other components quietly, they will not sound as the should.

Or call a real drummer to retrack the songs :)

Our drummer is very very good actually i think there are not many drummers in europe who would do a better job.

Our drummer is very very good actually i think there are not many drummers in europe who would do a better job.

Oh you have Hellhammer, Trym Torson, Nick Barker etcetc as your drummer?? Nice ;)

Ok ok, dry jokes aside. Trigger would be great, I'd go with that or splitting as suggested. Though there are a few "tricks" on snare stuff, if you want to stick with the recording only. :)

Oh you have Hellhammer, Trym Torson, Nick Barker etcetc as your drummer?? Nice ;)

Ok ok, dry jokes aside. Trigger would be great, I'd go with that or splitting as suggested. Though there are a few "tricks" on snare stuff, if you want to stick with the recording only. :)

Not Nick Barker, but way better than Hellhammer or Trym :)

What would be the tricks? I'm all ear :)

Splitting each fucking transient in a blast beat in a 7 minute long song? :D And then again, using a sampler will actually blow away the idea of having some natural snare sound, i'd might just make a superrior-drummer track for snare then...[/QUOTE]

Reaper has a dynamic split function that makes midi from the splits, it works rather well.

Also, after micing the kit, I record some hits from each kit element and make samples. When using a sampler with round robin functionality, you can replace the elements and they don't sound "off" when blended in with the original.

Please and THANK YOU!
-pfhuck

Ok thank you! I'm actually using reaper on the macbook pro for live performance and use cubase on the main audio pc. but it might rather be helpful.

program a continues snare sample hitting 64th notes it'll sound great trust me