Snare sample w/ coil off??

mattyv

New Metal Member
Jul 20, 2010
www.myspace.com
If anyone could help me find some samples of a snare with the snare coil switched off, it would be greatly appreciated! I haven't had any luck thus far and I'm assuming it's probably due to poor phrasing of what I'm looking for.

Anyways, thanks!

Snare wire

Though to be honest I think you might struggle to find a snare sample with the wires off, as the wires are like, the thing that make it not a tom.

You mean like the "snare" as some people call it? those wires at the bottom of it? My old band was goregrind and the drummer recorded the Ep with his wireless snare, he always used it like that. But that was in some guy's studio, and we never got separate samples or even the session data for it so sorry, couldn't hand you with one. It did sound pretty cool though, if goregrind stuff is what you're looking to use it for (I don't think I've seen it getting used in other genres)

If you can wait a few days, I can record that for you. I have some cool samples of an Ian Paice snare in various tunings, and a Mapex snare , so i could post it alongside what you need in a few days.

LOL coil. they are called snare wires. or snares which is confusing, as the actual drum is called a snare haha.. stupid drum terminology

LOL coil. they are called snare wires. or snares which is confusing, as the actual drum is called a snare haha.. stupid drum terminology

I had huge trouble making people understand it in a forum first time I mentioned it, in Venezuela we call it "chirriador" but a friend from mexico had no idea what I meant so I guess it's a venezuelan only thing. I was then told "oh you mean the snare" "no dumbass, those wires under the snare" "well, that's the snare" "whatever"

Ah, I guess it's safest to refer to them as snare wires then, eh?

jangoux, I would love if you could do that for me! Thanks so much man and thanks for all the replies dudes

Ah, I guess it's safest to refer to them as snare wires then, eh?

jangoux, I would love if you could do that for me! Thanks so much man and thanks for all the replies dudes

Just wait a few days and I'll post it here, dont worry. I'll record it on my home studio, so there will be no fancy pre amps, like what i have available on the studio i work on, but the snare sounds great and I think it'll come out good.