Snatch (for Horza specially)

It's been on my "watch this" list for a long time, but I've never managed to, and of course I was on the road yesterday when I should've been watching it (forgot). I will, though. Even if Guy Richie's "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" was a bit of a disappointment considering the hype. Hopefully this one's better.

It's "The Boondock Saints". And I'm shitting my pants if they spoil the name with an awful sequel, "All Saints Day", already in production.

I downloaded Snatch ages ago, but haven't got around to watching it. I will do it tonight, possibly, or tomorrow.

"A lot" is two words, I hate it when native-English speakers do that. ;)

Aye, it's a great movie in a fun way. :) A lot better than "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels." The plot is about as interesting and original as my wallpaper, but I love the dialogue.

"Do you know what nemesis means?"

See The Boondock Saints if you haven't already. There really isn't a single moment in the movie where the dialogue wouldn't be top notch, albeit sometimes a little oneliner-ish. I've seen it so often I know almost all the lines by heart, and am still not bored of watching it. Strange, actually, as I usually get bored of all movies first time I watch them.

I rented Boondock Saints a few years ago, just picked it from the rental place without ever heard of it... And it was great...

On a little side note, I have Snatch DVD, if you're interested I can give it to you to watch sometime (if i remember to take it with me...)

I couldn't really compare Snatch or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels to Boondock Saints, because the latter lacks the element that makes the other two very similar, i.e. the multiple mostly independent groups of protagonists with their own plotlines that twist and turn, collide and alter each others' courses...

What bothers me about Snatch and LSaTSB is that they seem to have many of the exact same characters -- Brick Top / Hatchet Harry and Bullet Tooth Tony / Big Chris are good examples, the latter pair even being played by the same actor, Vinnie Jones.

I think all three are exellent movies, but then again, Horza probably knows just how "critical" I usually am ;)

Orchid said:
Aye, it's a great movie in a fun way. :) A lot better than "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels." The plot is about as interesting and original as my wallpaper, but I love the dialogue.
I was just going to state the opposite. :)

Snatch is one of my favourite movies. I've seen it at a dozen times and I used to recite lines from it like a moron. Brick Top is the best. For some reason, I love when Turkish backs into him and he goes, 'EY,' and when Turkish asks if he wants sugar with his tea :p