Snow In Atlanta

We got around 6 inches or so. I'm so glad I bought a snow blower last year.

We had a 3 1/2 hour power outage this morning, but it came back about 30 minutes ago. Thank goodness since it was getting quite cold in here.

You Atlantites (Atlanteans?) are a bunch of lightweights! Geez! Us midwesterners could do that in our sleep! Let us know when it goes over a foot and then start whining!!!!:loco::loco::loco::loco:

You midwesterners are a bunch of lightweights. Us buffalonians could do that in our sleep. Let us know when it goes over a foot in 2 HOURS right after you've shoveled and then start whining.

:lol::lol:

I got just shy of 4" here in Auburn GA, although only about 2" of that actually accumulated on roads. We didn't get a "rain chaser," though, so all the snow stayed overnight and made the morning treacherous. Barrow County schools and government offices were closed, and I think they made the right call. Secondary roads were still glazed over and just beginning to melt at 10am, I imagine they were even worse at 7am.

We got ZERO snowfall up here in the mountains, y'all!:erk::cry::ill:

This storm had a really odd 'attack pattern' in Georgia since the powerful low's center of circulation passed just south of the Atlanta metro. Areas to the west of Atlanta had an early end to the snow, while at my house, it changed to all snow at around noon and didn't stop until close to 7pm. Even had a 'thundersnow' storm. :headbang:
Meanwhile, I think Chattanooga got diddly-squat.

Well I was mainly driving down in Peachtree City.

I'm sure all the golfcarts were staying at a respectable 20-25 mph. :lol:

We had probably six inches of snow here. We made a snowman, had snowball fights and my neighbor had the bucket from a wheel-barrow and we tied it behind my go-cart with a pull strap and I pulled Koji around on it. We had a blast.

Bryant

How'd your son like it Bryant? I bet it was wet enough for snowballs/snowmen.

The problem with winter storms in the South, aside from people not knowing how to drive in it is that our infrastructure simply isn't designed/prepared for things like that. We don't have snowplows or salt trucks in the south..... or at least very few. Where I live/work, in Opelika Alabama, we were extremely fortunate that the temperature was just cold enough for the snow to stick on the trees, grass, etc. but not the roadways. We had to have some bridges cleared and sanded, but the roadways themselves were fine.
Another thing about Atlanteans is the fact that most aren't from Atlanta anyway. Atlanta is full of people from somewhere else that moved there for God knows why..... business purposes, I suppose.

Bryant

You Atlantites (Atlanteans?) are a bunch of lightweights! Geez! Us midwesterners could do that in our sleep! Let us know when it goes over a foot and then start whining!!!!:loco::loco::loco::loco:

These people who are from south of the Mason-Dixon line just don't know how to deal with the white stuff, huh?

I know how to deal with the white crap (lived waaaaaaaaay too long in Pennsylvania) but still hate it. Fortunately in central Virginia we only have to deal with it about twice a year.

Heck, with this recent snow it looks like it will be all melted by this weekend. I remember several winters in PA where it sat on the ground for MONTHS. You southerners need to quit whining and deal with it! :lol::loco: