Snow In Atlanta

Pellaz

Tigron of Immanion
Feb 12, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.paulcashman.com
I just thought I'd open a thread about it, since it doesn't happen very often. :)

Looking at about a half-inch so far here in Auburn, but the snow intensity recently picked up (with big, fat, "Peanuts" sized flakes) and it's really coming down now. Starting to accumulate on roads and driveways with the temp right around freezing.
A winter storm warning is in effect...I think it's the first time we've had one since I moved to this new house in late 2005. :headbang:

the Woodstock/Kennesaw/Marietta area got some snowflakes of doom

right now (3pmish) it's back to the drizzle.

but it did look pretty whilst it was snowing :)
and yes, i took pix - my people back home in Chicago don't believe me when i tell them we get winter weather here...yeay proof!

Here in East Central Alabama, we have about four inches on the ground. It has been snowing since maybe 5AM. It hasn't been steady, but snowing more often than not.

Bryant

Y'all should have been in Columbus/Phenix City. They had a good 2 inches there when I left--it started at 9 this morning at least. (And it was 75 degreesthere yesterday!!!) I almost didn't make it home today. :/ Traffic was atrocious on 185 (snow accumulation kept the left-hand lane unnavigable a good part of the way), and there were a few parts on 85 that were not great. I managed to stay around 55 after I hit 85 most of the time, but we were doing 20 and 30 on 185. It wasn't *that* bad (I felt comfortable doing 40-45 in most places), but when you have one idiot doing 20 and the passing lane is slick... :p

Anyway, 3 hours later for a 130-mile drive, and here I am going pshaw, this is nuttin'. :p

I've also decided what constitutes the trifecta of stupidity: driving w/ 1"+ of snow on your back glass that you didn't even try to wipe off, with your lights off while it snows, while talking on your cell phone. Passed 2 of those geniuses that I noticed.

It snowed for like 20 minutes here.

I was at work looking out the window wishing I could be out there. But I got stuck inside. Then it started raining...lame.

The snow finally made its way up here...sucks that it's dark because I kinda like watching it fall (when I don't have anywhere to be). Tried taking some pictures tonight but apparently I only own "daytime" cameras. ;)

You Atlantites (Atlanteans?) are a bunch of lightweights! Geez! Us midwesterners could do that in our sleep! Let us know when it goes over a foot and then start whining!!!!:loco::loco::loco::loco:

You Atlantites (Atlanteans?) are a bunch of lightweights! Geez! Us midwesterners could do that in our sleep! Let us know when it goes over a foot and then start whining!!!!:loco::loco::loco::loco:

as a non-native Atlantan (I am from Chicago, thanks), I agree that a number of folks here in the south are lightweights - they can't drive in the rain...or sun for that matter, so when it's OMG, scary sn0wz1!!!, the world comes to an end

those of us who know how to drive in inclement weather have only to be worried about the asshats on the road who think it is a good time to hit that patch of ice and go arse-wise down the road.

and FWIW, I don't see anyone on this thread whining...just stating things outright

~~Rev Su :saint:

Reverend Su: I was pleasantly surprised yesterday. People were driving pretty damn well.

Reverend Su: I was pleasantly surprised yesterday. People were driving pretty damn well.

You definitely weren't driving where I was then. :p

Seriously, the sides of 185 were littered with vehicles that had gone off the road. As long as you stuck mainly to the right-hand lane, it wasn't *that* bad, so I don't know what those idiots were doing, but luckily, it happened before I got there. There were a few cars off the side of 85, but very few. I must've passed 30 on 185. Including a cop car and a bus that were "pulled over"--and still about 2 feet into the lane. :p

Then I get to work this morning, and there's a car with the back glass completely covered, and one with the windshield still half-covered. Seriously, people, it doesn't take experience driving in snow to know to clean off your fuckin' car, does it???

Then I get to work this morning, and there's a car with the back glass completely covered, and one with the windshield still half-covered. Seriously, people, it doesn't take experience driving in snow to know to clean off your fuckin' car, does it???

AMEN to that! take a few extra moments to clean your windscreens and avoid killing other people with your stupidity.

@Cheiron - i am actually surprised that you didn't encounter bad driving...PLEASANTLY surprised, at that! :)