So, any tailgate parties, posse moments, etc. planned for DT/QR/FW?

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
I'm very psyched about seeing Fates onstage once again! Anyways...

I'm assuming that the person going with me to the show will turn into a pumpkin or something if they stay out too late (job thing the next day), but I can always hook up with people a little later. BTW, I'm planning on staying in LA for a couple of extra days (see you Saturday 7/26 gals!)...

BTW, apologies Wanda!!! If FOV had a gig a little closer to the Thursday show (they play the Orange County Fair on 7/19), I'd definitely be there. Unfortunately, I don't have that much vacation to burn (must save some days for Progpower IV). Sooo... next time!
;)

Back to the subject at hand (The Dream Theater/Queensryche/Fates Warning show)...

Any tailgate parties or similar in the works? If not, may I suggest that us Maidens forum peeps plan something?

Oh, Melzy...
:loco:

The way things are looking, I won't be attending (the show or the tailgate party). We're shorthanded at work again so it looks like I'll be working 80 hour weeks again.

If you hear about some bald guy on top of the room causing a rain of bullets on people somewhere in SoCal (probably somewhere in the vicinity of Kozmos), it's probably me. :ill:

I plan to take the subway to the show [yes L.A. has a subway, which even many locals don't seem to know about] so I can't provide a tailgate on which to party, but I might be able to attend such an event. :wave:

Hey Toast,

Tailgate parties at Universal are not recommended. Security is pretty strict. Unless you're gonna stay inside your car and sip on a 40oz / or visit lady cannabis. In that case keep it down low... not that I would know anything about that.

Universal City Walk... is a cool place to visit if you haven't been. There are shops and things to do... allot of cuties walking around for you to check out.

What some of us local MetalHeads do is meet at the Hard Rock Cafe for pre/post cocktails. One the best times I had there was when Maiden was scheduled to played there (VirtualX tour) and canceled. Everybody went to the HRC to drown their sorrows... made allot of friends that night.

If I'm not mistaken that's when I 1st met Mel and the Moshking?!

See you there... I cant' wait. I like the new QR... call me kooky.

SciKikMobster said:
Roll Call People... who's going tonight!?
Queensryche/Dream Theater/Fates Warning @ Universal!!!!
... let's all have a cocktail at the Hard Rock Cafe?

I'm going tonight, even though a doctor removed a tiny part of my head today, missing this show is unthinkable, but I don't drink alcohol.

I hope you guys enjoy the show tonight....and maybe a few beverages at HRC (I usually visit there when in S. Cal.)

On Aug 2, fellow Maidens fan Losfer Words and I will be enjoying QR/DT/FW up here in the sunny, warm Pacific Northwest, at the Paramount Theater in Seattle. We'll be sure to raise a toast or 3 to all the Maidens fans on the board (and to the Maidens too!) It will possibly go a little something like this:

:kickass::kickass::kickass::loco: :loco: o_O :ill: :yuk: :puke::zombie:

Repeat as appropriate.

Have fun you guys!

LG

Jeff Milne said:
Traffic was so terrible that I completely missed Fates Warning... Can anyone tell me what songs they played?
Dude that sucks! I missed all but one song. They closed with Monument... it sounded so good. It was great to see them in a big place. I was there at 7:30... but they closed the gates after a point and stopped the flow of people coming in. I was pissed! When I walked in they had just finished a song that Mike Pertnoy was sitting in on. DAMN IT!

Toast... Keyser... did any of you catch the FW set? Does anybody have the setlist?

The rest of the show just killed! I came home and practiced until 3AM... so inspiring. ProgMetal Rules!!!!

Here's the set list from the show in L.A.:

Disconnected, Pt 1 (tape)
One
A Pleasant Shade of Gray, Part 3
Pieces of Me
Point of View
Life in Still Water [with James LaBrie]
shutDOWN [excerpts, with Mike Portnoy]
Monument

LaBrie came out and did the high harmonies with Ray on "Life in Still Water," and Portnoy made his usual appearance to do the shortened version of the O.S.I. song "shutDOWN".

Was the joint DT/QR version of Peruvian Skies the final song of the show? To beat the rush, I left shortly after the end of the guitar solo.

While walking upstairs after using the drinking fountain, I think I saw SciKikMobster in line for the restroom. This was shortly before Queensryche went on.

Jeff Milne said:
Was the joint DT/QR version of Peruvian Skies the final song of the show? To beat the rush, I left shortly after the end of the guitar solo. While walking upstairs after using the drinking fountain, I think I saw SciKikMobster in line for the restroom. This was shortly before Queensryche went on.

No actually after Peruvian Skies they all played Take Hold of The Flame, and Won't Get Fooled Again. That could have very well been me. I think I made a pit-stop before theRyche. You should have said... "WAZZUP!"