so, are there any video games that are mindblowing these days?

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
i'm talking about mindblowing on the level of "yeah, this Zelda III is pretty cool, but not perfect," i'm talking about "i want to live shit eat breath exist JUST LIKE SAMUS ARAN" type.

the reason i ask is because i'm wrestling between two possibilities of my lack of video game enthusiasm over the past saaaayyyyyy, 8 years:

a) i'm getting old (26)

or

b) video games suck nowadays

which is it? i mean even Xenosaga, Final Fantasy X, Morrowind, and Myst IV didn't hold my interest until the bitter end, and those were great games.

cheers and shit.

Erik said:
CHILDREN OF MANA

That's not even out yet, right? Also, will it be like every other fucking RPG and have a horrible combat system? I really would like to get into an RPG as so many attest to their greatness, but I simply can't. I know the story is what is supposed to be great about RPGs but the gameplay is always so bad I wonder why I'm playing it at all, and not just watching something or reading a book.

It's not out yet no, but it's bound to kick ass. Also the Seiken Densetsu/* of Mana series are action RPG:s so if it's the battle systems of Final Fantasy and co. that turn you off then that is not an issue with this.

I think I'm destined to forever dislike console RPGs then. Though I'm still hoping Rogue Galaxy has gameplay I don't despise because it looks like it might be fun.

Meh, that now I've beaten FEAR and Shadow of the Colossus, I've got nothing new to play. I guess I'll go start up another Rome: Total War campaign.

Fighting games are teh gay.
The only console games i plan on buying are the next zelda and starcraft : ghost cause world of warcraft takes up all my gaming time.

so who picked up an xbox360 yesterday ... not me

they are going for like $500 (even at best buy) if you can find them, wtf?