so, are there any video games that are mindblowing these days?

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion's coming out soon and it looks like it might be 1023193183474783x better than Morrowind (which was still awesome!).

Nad and anyone else interested, go here and watch video from the demo they made for E3.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

WTF TREES~!!!1

obliv01B.jpg

PRISON!

obliv06B.jpg

Demilich said:
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion's coming out soon and it looks like it might be 1023193183474783x better than Morrowind (which was still awesome!)

100% correct, although I don't particularly look forward to spending 200 gold coins on a new graphics card and more RAM.

I've played all the others, so to me it's like wanting to see the next installment. I'll probably just rent it. The days of buying console games are behind me.

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 are both amazing games. Dunno how they managed to capture the feel of the old Metroid games in a 3d environment, but they did it perfectly.

The single player games on the PC have not been as good the last few years, with the exception of No One Lives Forever (first one, second one wasn't as good) and both Max Payne games. Warcraft 3 is fantastic, if you like RTS games.

polarity3 said:
cvs2, mvc2, 3s, st :cool:

:kickass: i play all but mvc2, i never got really into that game. 3rd strike is THE SHIT. My Akuma SAIII >>>>> everyone.

if someone doesn't own Ninja Gaiden on xbox, he should be shot by sight. One of the greatest action game ever. Yes, the game is difficult, but it's fair!

PC: Fear is a must for anyone who has a pc powerful enough to make it run.

edit: Civ 4 is great too, but can't run on most pc, but they'll be releasing a patch soon (actually they released the patch yesterday, but they had to put it on hold because the patch was bugged :lol: pathetic)

AsModEe said:
if someone doesn't own Ninja Gaiden on xbox, he should be shot by sight. One of the greatest action game ever. Yes, the game is difficult, but it's fair!

PC: Fear is a must for anyone who has a pc powerful enough to make it run.

edit: Civ 4 is great too, but can't run on most pc, how they'll be releasing a patch soon (actually they released the patch yesterday, but they had to put it on hold because the patch was bugged :lol: pathetic)

I don't own it. Please don't shoot (at least not in the face, ok? my mother would want an open casket) :tickled:

All kidding aside, I read that the difficulty level was so through the roof I got turned off. I'm old and don't have any hand-eye coordination left. I need games I can win. :D

I own Ninja Gaiden original with Hurricane Packs as well as Ninja Gaiden Black. I beat the original on all difficulties and Black on the hardest of the default difficulties. I'm taking a break before I try to beat all missions and all difficulties.

And to the person asking about RE4. It's a really cool game. My only complaint is a lack of a strafe ability. I'd get it if not for that.

yeah i'm not sure why i included Morrowind in my list, i've spent countless hours on that one. just not lately. oh wait i was completely hosed, my brain doesn't function well during such occasions.

what's this Children of Mana bit? i still haven't forgiven Square for failing to release Seiken Dnreisthsoatta 3 over here.

So I got Shadow of the Colossus today, just beat the first two fuckers.

This game is really cool, and I'm hoping will continue to improve over the next 14 asswipers. Funny how I actually sorta feel bad for these giant brutes, poor dudes are just trying to go about their lives being huge and I go and start killing them off to save some bint that probably cheated on me before she got croaked.

Either way, this is really cool so far. I'm quite impressed by the music and atmosphere.

Morrowind is probably the only game in the last few years that I've played to completion several times and will several more times. Both the expansions are worth it too, though Tribunal's much higher quality than Bloodmoon.

THE GODDAMN NEW ONE COMES OUT SOON!!

Yeah morrowind was pretty cool... I completed the game after like 100 hours of gaming but there was some bug and I lost like 10 strenght point and was always overloaded and I had to drop some important stuff. I was a friggin nordic goddamnit I can lift anything!

i always, ALWAYS got lazy and killed one of the traders in a house in Balmora, took his Fiend Tanto or whatever other powerful sword he had, pretty much used it for the rest of the game. lazy, but got the job done!

once I was NAD said:
So I got Shadow of the Colossus today, just beat the first two fuckers.

This game is really cool, and I'm hoping will continue to improve over the next 14 asswipers. Funny how I actually sorta feel bad for these giant brutes, poor dudes are just trying to go about their lives being huge and I go and start killing them off to save some bint that probably cheated on me before she got croaked.

Either way, this is really cool so far. I'm quite impressed by the music and atmosphere.

#1 and 2 are fun but the best are still to come.