So, ddrum pro triggers still the "go to" triggers for you guys?

nwright

Apr 19, 2005
New Castle, Indiana
www.myspace.com
I'm looking to buy some of these in the next couple weeks, but I wanted to see if anyone had any light to shed on other triggers they think are good.

I'm looking at 200 US for the Ddrum Pro set (1 snare, 1 kick, 3 toms), so anything of comparable quality for less, I'm all ears.

Still happy with my set, what you are looking at, a few years later. They are pretty standard for a reason. This current project I'm on right now we used the drummer's (Lyle - the faceless) triggers which were Roland on both of his kicks. We ran those into his DM5 module which was setup for his touch and I recorded the audio and MIDI output. Worked like a charm. We used my DDrum triggers before with no issues either though... I think he just wanted to use his because they were setup exactly for his playing. I mentioned something to James Murphy about them after our first session and he thought they weren't as good as DDrum though.

our drummer has a Ddrum Pro kick trigger and one of those Roland kind for snare (he doesn't use it). I've used the Ddrums in the past, just never purchased my own. The Ddrum Pro's look to be better constructed and easier to repair...Something about the plastic Roland's make them seem cheap.

Seems like I saw someone post some pics of some off brand triggers that looked like Ddrum pro clones on here a good while back. I was wondering if they would surface in this thread.

Yeah I didn't handle Lyle's, he just put them on himself and hooked it all up, he said they were easier to use on tour or something.

I know which ones you are talking about, they are available/made in Europe IIRC, don't remember the brand though, hopefully someone chimes in.

This current project I'm on right now we used the drummer's (Lyle - the faceless) triggers which were Roland on both of his kicks. We ran those into his DM5 module which was setup for his touch and I recorded the audio and MIDI output.

I`m using the same setup myself. My triggers are the RT7 set though, which was released some time around 2002. I got them for a decent price I guess, but I probably would have rather bought the ddrum triggers for the amount of money I paid.

But all in all, im not disappointed with the rolands by any means.

I'm looking to buy some of these in the next couple weeks, but I wanted to see if anyone had any light to shed on other triggers they think are good.

I'm looking at 200 US for the Ddrum Pro set (1 snare, 1 kick, 3 toms), so anything of comparable quality for less, I'm all ears.

I found an entire Ddrum Pro Set for $100USD used. They work great. Keep an eye on the used market, for sure.

that's what I've got.
I'd clip the second piezo on the snare trig though (the sidestick one), cause it just makes the trigger give out a less clean signal, and you won't need it anyway.

cool glad everyone digs the pro shots cause i was thinking about the rolands but i like the ddrum for them being made out of metal

The Ddrum PRO triggers aren't the same as the Ddrum Red shots.

They don't have a product called "Pro Shots".

Pros:
7b7a_2.JPG

Red Shots:
4155_2.JPG

I use the ddrum pros and they are great, but after 2 years and hundred of uses the two wires connected to the piezo on the kick trigger broke off. I haven't had time to peal the tape back and take a look b ut since ive never really dealt with piezos like that, does any one know if it's an easy fix?