So Did anybody get a check?

What forms? Dammit, this is the first I heard about this. They need to have important info like this on ESPNews so I can catch up on current events.

Scott

This was a Antitrust Litigation brought upon the record industry by the Attorneys General of 43 states and three territories for Private Class Plaintiffs. All you had to do was either on the musicCDsettlement web site or my mail state that within the last two years you bought at least one cd. The claim was that the cd industry fixed things so that the miminum price could not get to low. (as best as I understand the claim)
I didn't figure anything would come of it but I went to the web site and filled out the form. I think the record industry, a group of 5 to 8 big lables settled out of court for like 13 million and they then divided that up among everyone that filled out the forms.

Cincy Vigilante said:
This was a Antitrust Litigation brought upon the record industry by the Attorneys General of 43 states and three territories for Private Class Plaintiffs. All you had to do was either on the musicCDsettlement web site or my mail state that within the last two years you bought at least one cd. The claim was that the cd industry fixed things so that the miminum price could not get to low. (as best as I understand the claim)
I didn't figure anything would come of it but I went to the web site and filled out the form. I think the record industry, a group of 5 to 8 big lables settled out of court for like 13 million and they then divided that up among everyone that filled out the forms.
Wow, you're such a right-winger supporting antitrust laws :loco:

I filled out the form also, but I haven't received anything. When exactly did you get it? I had forgotten about it too. I thought too many people had signed the forms. If I remember correctly, they said if the average was less than $10 per person, they would donate the money to charity or something like that.

Yep...I got my check for $13.86 yesterday. That makes up for the hundreds of dollars I spent on overpriced CD's the past few years. Sure does.

I think I'll go out to Best Buy and use that money to buy a new CD. Of course, it won't get me much since most CD's are still priced above that!!

I got my check yesterday (tuesday). Today I went and got the new Tantric, Prong, Beg To Differ, and Robert Randolph Live. So I spent the 14 bucks and another 15... oh well I suppose that what they figured we would do anyway.

if i payed 30 goddamn dollars for a cd, wow, i dont think i would, it would have to be sometghing like reign in blood, i wouldnt own many cds,

mmmmmmm i wanna a chili hamburger rigth NOW

SLAYER85 said:
if i payed 30 goddamn dollars for a cd, wow, i dont think i would, it would have to be sometghing like reign in blood, i wouldnt own many cds,

mmmmmmm i wanna a chili hamburger rigth NOW
did you get that job at that recordstore??never read anything about it!!