So did you guys know we're looking for more band members?

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
Like for example if you or someone you know is interested, get in touch.

We basically want to find people who, ideally, can play a few instruments so that we can keep the band as small as possible while maintaining the fullest sound. For example, a trombonist/keyboardist/guitarist or a violinist/keyboardist or whatever.

We're thinking it would be cool at times to hypothetically have 5 guitars playing and some other times 5 keyboards. And that type of deal. Versatility! But of course if you can only play one thing that's probaby totally fine too.

email greg at greg@kayodot.net.

One day I hope to get to a mediocre level. But in the meantime, get this guy:

vic.jpg

i think the last time i practised was eight years ago and i do not believe that's going to change anytime soon.

also, i can't read sheet music (outside of treble clef), and from what i understand about Tzadik's composer series, you guys are contractually obligated to play from sheet music at all times.

i tried to get my gf to move to boston, but she said no. she'd be great- can't play any instruments, but she can type. oh, no wait- she can't type. she can birth babies though.

seriously, i would have already bugged you for an audition if i was in the area. i do know a guy in philadelphia area that's a great musician- but it's philly. he majored in trumpet performance at northwestern and did private lessons with a Chicago symphony orchestra player. also plays euphonium/other brass, bass guitar, keys, guitar, some drums/perc. he likes heavy music too.

I am an unschooled guitarist who likes noise and volume swells, basicly anything that will make my guitar sound like a humpback whale call... I've played for about 6 years now... I own a keyboard but never play the blasted thing.. but its fun for making noises... I could prolly sing with a lil bit of direction.

I play bass well and am a slightly below mediocre level keyboardist/tenor saxophonist.

my main problem however is not that I live in eastern europe but the fact that I do not own a wrist watch.

Honestly, I would love to be in your band. <cliche>It'd be almost like a dream come true.</cliche>. I play bass guitar but I'm still stuck in Michigan. There's a good chance that I'll be attending Berklee after I'm finished with high school though. If you are still looking for a bassist (although I hear your current one is incredible) at the time, let me know.

These days i personally find 2 guitars very limiting, and seriously cannot understand how bands can survive with just 1 guitar. Songs just seem so incomplete like that, certain styles it has it's appeal, but not to my taste. Not in a band anyway, a single solo guitarist playing cool acoustic stuff can be amazing and extremely uhhh real. But in a band I like layers... lots of layers..... lots of instruments! I can't play them, but i program them on computer. I dream of one day having a band together like Kayo Dot with such varied instruments to put out my stuff. I don't think i could play the first album without 3 guitarists at least though.

Anyway, 5 guitarists does sound interesting :) If i didn't live so far away i'd try out! Not that i can play any other instrument to any reasonable level, but i've got something to offer with my guitar skills i think.

If you ever want help in the composition sense, then i'd love to do that. Not exactly much chance of that though, hehe. damn!