Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
Horizon-NT7.jpg

Viper-7.jpg

And, of course...
Hex-7.jpg

ESP seems to have opened thier eyes that people want 7's...I wish they'd bring back the M-307 though.

Now if they would only offer more colors for the Horizon NT-II, we would be in business. We get screwed on colors in the states. :-(

-Joe

Now if they would only offer more colors for the Horizon NT-II, we would be in business. We get screwed on colors in the states. :-(

-Joe

My sentiments exactly, What happened to all the nice colours they have on Horizon 6ers!

The Nergal V is pretty badass looking, although I reckon a 7 in line headstock would have been better.

Dude that Nergal V is old as fuck :lol:

And yes, the Horizon 7 is just pure secks.

The Horizon is sex.
Viper and V I don't really care for though. I wish they would stop putting freakin' EMGs 707s in those things, it's so irritating for people that prefer passives and have to put obnoxious pickup rings to cover the gaping gaps left by EMG's stupidly over sized pickup housings.

The Horizon is sex.
Viper and V I don't really care for though. I wish they would stop putting freakin' EMGs 707s in those things, it's so irritating for people that prefer passives and have to put obnoxious pickup rings to cover the gaping gaps left by EMG's stupidly over sized pickup housings.

i was under the impression that most 7 string players wanted actives

i was under the impression that most 7 string players wanted actives

I guess you're not a member of sevenstring.org then. And even half the guys that want actives would rather have the passive sized Blackouts anyway.
Seriously, the majority of guys on sevenstring.org are passive pick up users (I'm one of them, until I get my Blackouts set, but when I get a second seven string I'm throwing passives in there instead of actives), and the majority of active users are using Blackouts.
Quite a few Loomis owners ditched the actives and put Dimarzios, Bare Knuckle Pickups or Seymour Duncans in there.
I just hate the way ESP isn't really offering people the choice of passive pickup sized actives or even just good passive 7 string pickups.
Some people like EMGs, me on the other hand, If I couldn't have Blackouts, I'd want passives, but if a guitar only has the EMG option, I just wouldn't want it, the EMG sized housings are butt ugly IMO.

And they are indeed still making the ESP F-STD S7 model as well.

I ordered mine last year when the price was 1600€, now it's almost 2000€.

So here it is, my main metal 7-stringer, the ESP (not LTD) F-STD S7

ESP008.jpg

And here's my main all around 7-stringer, Carvin DC727 in pearl white

carvin-1.jpg

Nowdays I have a Duncan Custom at the bridge.

And they are indeed still making the ESP F-STD S7 model as well.

I ordered mine last year when the price was 1600€, now it's almost 2000€.

So here it is, my main metal 7-stringer, the ESP (not LTD) F-STD S7

ESP008.jpg

And here's my main all around 7-stringer, Carvin DC727 in pearl white

carvin-1.jpg

Nowdays I have a Duncan Custom at the bridge.

damn dude they look fuckkkkiiinnng awsome !!

Thanks a lot guys!

I got used to not having markers on the fretboard when my main guitar was a Gibson Gothic SG back in the day, so it doesen't bother me at all. I actually prefer the look of a blank fretboard!

The ESP is indeed an amazing guitar. I have had an Ibanez RG1527 and a Schecter Hellraiser before I bought the ESP, and in my opinion, it is a way better guitar than those two are. Very resonant and loud acoustically, very easy to play and it sounds great.

It's a cool feeling to crank the Triple Recto and stand before the cab while hitting a low B power chord.. Hell yeah!

The 707's are great sounding pickups, but with some amps, they don't really work that well. You get that weird squishy tone you get from single coils. But, using a boost usually removes that sound 100%. (I use the Maxon 808)