So farewell to Alessio...

WHAT

:(

But he's the voice of Power Quest! Man... first Steve, now this...

edit: So we might be getting two new members to the Power Quest family in due time, eh? Singer and a rhythm guitarist if not the two-in-one...

Andi's got my vote. :lol:

And at least this time, 'Alessio' fits in with the Sacred Land rhythm!

Wait....what the fuck is going on?

I missed the midnight announcement and there doesn't seem to be anything on the site as of right now.

What's this about Alessio? Surely to shit he's not leaving? Because that would be it...basically the end of PQ. Not literally but as far as the sound we've come to love and adore goes...a PQ without Steve is one thing but without Alessio? Not a chance. Please let this be a joke

Oh.

Just checked my email.

PQ is in tatters and can't be mended in the same way :'(

My favourite band for years will never ever be the same :( I suppose there's Arthemis. But PQ has changed forever :'( Alessio is the corner stone, the VOICE of the band and what really messes things up is that he's one of the best in power metal, hands down and PQ loses in one fell swoop both that talent, stage presence and a key factor in what makes PQ...PQ!

Whatever reason Alessio has for leaving (Arthemis or some new band in London just aren't as big or good as PQ), it just can't excuse the fact that NO singer will EVER even come close. Even if some big name in metal steps forward right now, he might be good, but he won't be what made me love PQ in the first place. The new album may be good I have no doubts but it won't be Alessio-good or Kiwi Steve-good :(

I'm rambling and babbling. Sorry guys. This news is just far too bad for someone on 3 hours of sleep :lol: I'll probably laugh at what i wrote here later, heh.

The Quest must...limp on. G'night. All the best Alessio :headbang:

I'm disappointed too, but for me, I'll be really excited for the new album. I have a lot of faith in Steve and the band and will always support them, even when stuff like this happens. I'm sad because I was looking forward to another album with Alessio's vocals, but at the same time I felt like Power Quest was taking a slightly new direction between Magic Never Dies and Master of Illusion (but that's just me - it felt more like melodic rock than the power metal that MND was.. not that that's a bad thing! MoI rules!), so I'm interested to see what lies in store.

Good luck, Alessio!

The full press release for those who may have missed it......

POWER QUEST has issued the following press release:

"We are very sad to announce that Alessio Garavello will be leaving Power Quest after the festival shows in September. Alessio has been the voice of Power Quest ever since the Wings Of Forever album back in 2002, and has also had two stints of playing rhythm guitar in the band as well. In that time he has established himself as one of the top power metal vocalists in the business.

Founding member Steve Williams commented: “' have to say I was surprised when I got the call from Alessio telling me the news. I can hardly believe it is seven years since a fresh faced, 21-year old Italian came over to record for the first time. We didn’t know it then but it was the start of a great friendship, which will transcend band membership and all that. We always say in PQ that you only get one life and you have to make the absolute most of it. Sometimes that involved difficult decisions such as the one Alessio has made. I fully respect and support his decision and wish him all the best in his future musical endeavours. I’d like to thank Al for all his hard work and commitment to the cause over the years and, following the departure of Steve Scott earlier this year, it is truly the end of an era.'

Here’s what Alessio himself had to say: 'After a long journey together with my band mates in PQ I've decided to choose a different musical path. We've passed through so many experiences and good/bad moments together that will always be part of me and of my life, and this has created a really strong friendship between us. It’s been some awesome years of recording and touring and it is sad to write these lines, but it's for a good cause: PQ needs to be fronted by someone that really deserves to be in the first row singing those great songs. It was me for seven years, now it's time to pass the torch. I just want to thank from the bottom of my heart Steve, Andrea, Francesco and Oliver, all the great musicians that has been part of PQ and every fan that loved what we've created playing together! A big thanks to our great manager Manuela and our road crew Simon and Paul. You simply rock! It's time for me to face different musical challenges and to see where I'll head with my new rock band in London!'

Power Quest are starting the search to find a world class vocalist to front the band and to jump straight in to working on the fifth Power Quest record.

If you think you have what it takes, then please contact Steve Williams at SteveW@power-quest.co.uk and include a photo, biography and both audio and video examples of your work. Applicants must be willing to tour and rehearse as required.

Of course the band is also now looking for a rhythm guitarist too, so get in touch!"

Aye, Best of luck to Al and PQ. Sometimes people move on and things change, but Al leaves a fantastic legacy of material with PQ, and nothing will ever change that!

I look forward to the new singer, and I know that Al will make a big success of his new career and studies in London. :headbang:

Yeah guys, it's a sad day but if there's one thing I have learnt in life then it is to respect the decisions of close friends. As with everyone who has left PQ over the years, I'm proud to say that every single one of them is still both a friend of mine and the rest of the guys and it'll be no different with Al.

He's actually moving to London to go to a music school for 9 months, studying audio engineering....the irony being that we'll probably see each other more now than ever before!

As with most things in life....one door closes and another opens.......

Absolutely gutted about hearing the news, every time you think that there is going to be a stable PQ line-up someone ups and leaves

But we know that the right decision for a replacement will be made in due time (not too long tho we all hope ;)) and all the best to Alessio for the future

As with most things in life....one door closes and another opens.......

I respect Alessio's decision, it's just a major kick in the arse for PQ because he was so prominently part of PQ's unique sound. I'm sure PQ will remain cosmically-face-meltingly good with new singers, guitarists and so on but I'm selfishly upset that things the way I like it have changed for good. Y'know? :cry:

Yea, I was listening to Master of Illusion at work this morning and I'm really going to miss his vocals, he absolutely shined on songs like Cemetery Gates and Master of Illusion. Time to give the older discs a few spins in the car, too - it's been too long!

It's so hard to nail down Alessio's best tracks, his stuff with Arthemis has some shining moments too so it's even harder without focusing on just PQ. Sacred Land, Diamond Sky, Children of the Dream, Temple of Fire, Strike Force, Far Away, Freedom of Thought, Human Machine, Kings of Eternity, Fire Set Us Free, Rise Up From The Ashes, Thunder Wrath, Night of the Vampire....arghhh I could go on and on!

Least there's more Alessio to be had, looking forward to this new band he's focusing on :)