So how was the Show Saturday???

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Can't believe nobody has posted about it. Unfortunately I have come down with Mono and I am bedridden and could not go. I was looking so forward to that set. SCREAM FOR ME LONG BEACH. I can only imagine it kicked all kinds of ass

Only have a minute to post here, but yes it kicked ASS! LAD in its entirety from Churchhills Speech to POTO which means they played the Long Beach World Slavery+Hammersmith songs. Amazing! Bonfire & Empyre were AWESOME too!

Ah $hit I got hung up at the friggin day job so driving to LB aftere a 10 hour day and a 60 hour week was kinda out of the question. Man I was and still am pissed.
Screwed up my whole plan for the weekend. Oh well Aug is just around the corner and Marina Del Ray is not to far. I can get me Maidens fix there so to speak.
Kerry

Aja, you have very impressive abs, but this time I was close enough to notice your throat muscles. You have THE most ripped throat I have ever seen!

And yes, the sound guy deserved a thanks, your vox didn't get buried this time like the previous times I've seen the maidenS.

Great show!

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Can't believe nobody has posted about it. Unfortunately I have come down with Mono and I am bedridden and could not go. I was looking so forward to that set. SCREAM FOR ME LONG BEACH. I can only imagine it kicked all kinds of ass

i won't both posting the set list, just check your LIVE AFTER DEATH double-vinyl LP from 1985 LOL happy to see them perform side 4's hammersmith set. had a terrible time finding the blue cafe on the promenade. i drove around and then walked in circles for about 20 minutes :p it was a bit crowded in there, but the club was small enough to get up pretty close to the stage. a big "FUCK YOU!!" to the 2 or 3 drunken idiots who think that moshing is about pushing the back's of people in front of you while they're trying to enjoy the show. aja was being much too nice in giving them such a pleasant warning! LOL i'm surprised they didn't get their teeth knocked out by the other people standing around. i noticed a lot more ladies than usual at the show. it was a nice to see that. the maidens played yet another great and energetic set. they all look like they're having fun up there.

aja, your voice keeps sounding stronger and stronger every time i see you.
jojo, nice chatting with you after the show.
jackie, hope you enjoy the cd.
ironmaidenfan09, i had mono back in '99. the first two weeks were the worst. had an awful sore throat, my head was throbbing with fever and i couldn't lift it off my pillow. i felt pretty sick for the first two months. then slowly got better, just tired and fatigued mostly.

raveballs said:
i won't both posting the set list, just check your LIVE AFTER DEATH double-vinyl LP from 1985 LOL happy to see them perform side 4's hammersmith set.
hahah yeah! did you hear the samples of vinyl pops we played thru the mains during the show? vintage huh! j/k - hey linda told me eddie money was there cuz his daughter was jammin upstairs \m/ up the irons mofos thanks for a hella fun show
:yell:

Ahhhh...feel better :)

Everytime I see them play it's like a breath of fresh air! Just GOTTA HAVE IT!!! It's always fun to be singing along with the lyrics and one of the iron ladies is looking at you and singing along too! I don't remember what song it was, but Sara and I were doing that, jumping up and down at one point too, fun fun fun!!! I briefly remember some moshing going on behind me, but I was too far from being bashed. I think it was Aja that threw out to the crowd one of their new cd's. Nobody caught it and it fell to the floor. It landed near me so I dropped down to try and grab it. Me and others were feeling all over for it, but nobody was finding it (and I'm wondering where is it then). It was too dark to see but then my eyes started to adjust and I briefly saw something, reached for it and presto - The Iron Maidens - Derek Riggs cd is in my hand! Wahooo!!!! I was stoked! Listened to it all the way home...ahhhhh :headbang: Listened to it this morning on the way to work :D

PS., Sara, I like you BB foot note on fliers \m/

neal00 said:
Aja, you have very impressive abs, but this time I was close enough to notice your throat muscles. You have THE most ripped throat I have ever seen!

And yes, the sound guy deserved a thanks, your vox didn't get buried this time like the previous times I've seen the maidenS.

Great show!

The sound man was the BOMB! This is one of the longest shows we've ever done and I'd been singing all day, so I was hopeful the soundman would be good! :loco: But it surpassed my expectations - the system was great as well. A lot of peeps came up later and told me the same thing. :D

Good 4 u Red Shirt that u scored the CD. Yea it clipped the overhead speaker and dropped right down front - guess it was meant to be yours, lol!

So nice to see you there FINALLY! busy-girl-Jackie and you too, Eric!

Air Raid Siren said:
The sound man was the BOMB! This is one of the longest shows we've ever done and I'd been singing all day, so I was hopeful the soundman would be good! :loco: But it surpassed my expectations - the system was great as well. A lot of peeps came up later and told me the same thing. :D

Would have been nice to have a drum monitor that produced some sound and some mic's for the toms. Still, it felt like it sounded good and balanced and was a fun time anyway!

Cheers to everyone who made it out, all our crew and the venue peeps! What a great night! It was a complete sellout! I think I speak for the entire band when I apologize to those who were turned away at the door. *sorry* :erk: Until the next one! :headbang:

Red Shirt said:
When Maiden was at Long Beach during the Live After Death tour, it was a sell out show there too!

They actually sold out FOUR nights in a row at Long Beach Arena. And most of Live After Death was recorded during those shows (although some pix inside the album show Irvine Meadows).

Really, it was a sell-out? People were turned away? I guess I owe Cafe Blue an admission fee. I just waltzed right in there at 11:10 and nobody stopped me , asked for an admission fee or anything. :D

neal00 said:

I felt like I had done a 1000 sit ups after the show. Who needs the gym when ya got Maiden!
I've got muscles in places I didn't know you can get muscles - all from singing this music- hahaha!

neal00 said:
Really, it was a sell-out? People were turned away? I guess I owe Cafe Blue an admission fee. I just waltzed right in there at 11:10 and nobody stopped me , asked for an admission fee or anything. :D

Score for Neal!!!! :Spin: Oh well, if they snooze they lose! Maybe they were inside counting heads. :p
I think they were pretty surprised about the size and energy of the audience, even though we told them what to expect. I was talking to the bar manager after the show and he told me that the roar from the crowd after our opening song was the loudest he'd ever heard from an audience in that place! :headbang:

The other thing they couldn't stop talking about was the musical excellence of the band. (Oh ye of little faith, lol!) Guess ya gotta see it for yourself to realize that, as beautiful as these women are, at the end of the day this band is about the MUSIC, not the T&A. What a concept, eh? ;)

TIMZladREDSHIRT05.jpg

yeah!!!

I don't see any ear plugs in front line there... That’s gotta' hurt, yea I had ear plugs and I could hear every note with crystal clarity. I guess their used to it.

RoboCaster said:
I don't see any ear plugs in front line there... That’s gotta' hurt, yea I had ear plugs and I could hear every note with crystal clarity. I guess their used to it.

I'm the person in the front row mostly cut off of the left side of the frame and I used ear plugs. Except for the Acoustic MaidenS show, I've used earplugs all 49 times I've seen The MaidenS.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Cheers to everyone who made it out, all our crew and the venue peeps! What a great night! It was a complete sellout! I think I speak for the entire band when I apologize to those who were turned away at the door. *sorry* :erk: Until the next one! :headbang:

that's funny. i got there after 11:30 (couldn't find the darn place!) and i got in with no problem. guess there were a lot of late folks who showed up. well, i'm off to NYC for a week...