So How was Power Fest?

:OMG: Powerfest was awsome. I could not belive how cool the night was. YOu better belive that I did not want to go to work at 7 in the moring on Sunday. Oh well. My boss has to come to grips that I am a rocker and I do not want to come into work three hours before I get home from having a kick ass time.

Tad Marose was awsome as always. Ion Vein, some buddies of mine, kicked ass as well. They had the old guitarest from Talamasca play with them. That was awsome. Such a suprise. I think that the real shocker was Kategory V. They got such a good response from the crowd. I hope that they come down again. I love you guys!

Those of you that missed out missed a kick ass time!
Keep Rockin'
saMetal:headbang:

Bear said:
Well Vince bought a new place somewhere west of JJ Kelley's. Its supposed to hold up where's around 800 or so I have been told. Lotesto said they were going to do Powerfest there next year. I'll be there no matter what, its a great time.

Bear

Yeah I think it's down in Chicago Heights. Not to far from where Kelly's is.

DarkTide said:
Yep, that's me. I'm actually from the other part of the twin cities - Normal, Illinois. Are you the Tony I know that's friends with Harley and Rich? With all these screen names it's hard to know who's who.

Britt

Yeap, that's me!!!

booB said:
Yeah I love Kelly's, the owner is a big supporter of local metal here in Chicago but the stage really needs another foot added onto it, the 6 inch high stage isn't good with big crowds.

Actually, that may be a bad idea, considering that, at ProgPower 1, Tom Englund from Evergrey got his hair stuck in the ceiling. :)

Good point!

Wow sounds like it was a blast. I was at home changing poopy diapers instead of watching Tad Morose...... grumble gtumble. I'll be at PP though. The tailgating looked cool as hell. I definitely need to go to next year's powerfest.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Wow sounds like it was a blast. I was at home changing poopy diapers instead of watching Tad Morose...... grumble gtumble. I'll be at PP though. The tailgating looked cool as hell. I definitely need to go to next year's powerfest.

I brought you (and Harumi) back a souvenir... :) I'll check my archery schedule and let you know when I'll be down to give it to you.

Shaye

Mountain King said:
Yeap, that's me!!!
Excellent !! You should have come down to the tailgate and joined us some this weekend. I saw you up on the balcony but I just figured you guys had your own thing going on. Well anyway it was good to see you again, and I'm sure I'll run into you again soon.

Britt

DarkTide said:
Excellent !! You should have come down to the tailgate and joined us some this weekend. I saw you up on the balcony but I just figured you guys had your own thing going on. Well anyway it was good to see you again, and I'm sure I'll run into you again soon.

Britt

Nah not really, just had a lot of beer in the room to drink :D

We'll probably see ya in Atlanta for sure.

Ion Vein, some buddies of mine, kicked ass as well. They had the old guitarest from Talamasca play with them.

"Old guitarist"? Is he no longer in Talamasca?

Azrael LenGraden said:
Tad Morose Setlist as best remembered

1. Servant of the Bones
2. I Know Your Name
3. New Clear Skies
4. Another Time Around
5. Cyberdome
6. Where the Sun Never Shines
7. Order of the 7 Poles
8. A Mended Rhyme
9. Undead
10. Lord on High
11. Life in a Lonely Grave
12. Ethereal Soul
13. Matters of the Dark
14. Mother Shipton's Words
15. Unwelcome Guest
16. Sword of Retribution
17. No Mercy
18. Take on the World
19. ? (They got me on this one - good song, I don't know what it was! Not off any Breed album)
20. Anubis
21. Corporate Masters

How come they don't do Another Way or In the Shadows or Riding the Beast or Don't Pray For Me? Those are great songs, better than some like I Know Your Name.

MetalRose said:
It was a KILLER TIME!

Thanks to Silencer for not kicking my ass when I admitted I missed their set.

lol!

Been there, done that. Sometimes I really hate being so damned honest. :tickled:

I got my knuckles rapped (literally) for missing a friends' band's set once; they'd even dedicated their last song to me, in front of about 1200 people.*
BUT... I missed their show to see Spock's Beard instead...so that was probably a good trade. :D

-=-=-=-=-
* The Cruxshadows (from Fla.) a few years ago at Dragon*Con

Let me amend my "Powerfest kicked ass" to say "Powerfest kicked my ass"... I have a sore throat and have been ordered to take the rest of today and tomorrow off... I don't feel too crappy, so I'm going to sit outside, listen to metal and relive my memories... and eat popsicles!

Was my first Chicago PowerFest, and it did not disappoint! Bands were awesome!!! Also, great to catch up with ProgPower show fans, hang with the bands, and meet a bunch of new faces too. The locals at JJ Kelly's are still scratching their heads on where all these denim and leather folks came from. They could not believe someone would fly across the country to their little bar. Well, it was certainly worth it...will be back next year! (Now about that stage, can it be jacked up a bit ;)

My sister and I got photos of all the bands, will try and get them up this weekend on the site. Also, just about all the bands playing on the Internet radio. :headbang:

Dave@BEC said:
Also, great to catch up with ProgPower show fans,

I can't believe I missed seeing you! I remember meeting you at PPV! Oh well, we'll catch up there!

Shaye-

I know what you mean. I passed out hard on Sunday night, Monday I was out by 9:30. Last night I went to take a short nap before kickboxing, I got up at 9 pm. OOps. Fell back alseep at 10! I think I'm all rested up now, just storing it for PPVI! YEAH!

-MetalRose

MetalRose said:
I can't believe I missed seeing you! I remember meeting you at PPV! Oh well, we'll catch up there!

I think you and tracey were showering when Britt and I met Dave & Ann Marie at Bob Evans Sunday morning.

MetalRose said:
Shaye-

I know what you mean. I passed out hard on Sunday night, Monday I was out by 9:30. Last night I went to take a short nap before kickboxing, I got up at 9 pm. OOps. Fell back alseep at 10! I think I'm all rested up now, just storing it for PPVI! YEAH!

Eating an Edy's wild berry fruit & juice bar right now... as for resting up, I slept from about 11 last night until 9:30 today but I still don't feel rested... but by September I'll be ready!! :) Px4!!

Shaye