Ok, so how was Strato?

I've got to be the only person who liked the Angra "intro." I put it in quotes because it wasn't exactly an intro....it's "Gate XIII." I liked hearing it live because it's not just some intro, it's a classical overview of the whole 'Temple Of Shadows' album. Then they go into "Deus Le Volt!" which is the true "intro" track on the album.

Barking Pumpkin said:
I've got to be the only person who liked the Angra "intro." I put it in quotes because it wasn't exactly an intro....it's "Gate XIII." I liked hearing it live because it's not just some intro, it's a classical overview of the whole 'Temple Of Shadows' album. Then they go into "Deus Le Volt!" which is the true "intro" track on the album.
It may be a nice piece of music, but damn, enough is enough. You start to lose people that way, esp. at the end of the night when people are tired and exhausted, in some instances. It would be best to cut it to a couple minutes, imo. I'm sure others would agree with you.

I can definitely see what you mean for people who have been standing down in the floor space all night. Personally, I was up in the seats for everyone but Orphaned Land and Manticora. You get a better view, can set stuff down, and can be comfortable. I'd die or something if I stood down on the floor the whole night. :p

Hal9000 said:
Strato was great when they finally decided to hit the stage. I definately could have done without the anti-war sermon. I don't give a shit what his political opinions are. His little "message" was nothing but cheap talk, and who really gives a fuck. But after a couple of songs, I forgot all about it.

They were indeed great. However, in my opinion that anti-war message was one of the highlights of the show.

Hal9000 said:
Fuck you Tolkki, play guitar and entertain me you dancing bear. Take your opinions and stick them up your ass.

:rolleyes: Chill out... His opinion on the matter is the same as most of the world's opinion, but apparently people like Mr. Bush and you don't seem to care... =\

AngraRULES said:
They were indeed great. However, in my opinion that anti-war message was one of the highlights of the show.

:rolleyes: Chill out... His opinion on the matter is the same as most of the world's opinion, but apparently people like Mr. Bush and you don't seem to care... =\

he's not in progpower to give his opinions on anything. he got paid to play and that's what he's supposed to do

borizh said:
he's not in progpower to give his opinions on anything. he got paid to play and that's what he's supposed to do

He's not giving his opinions only at ProgPower, smart one... They've been doing that on their world tour...

Also, if you're that against bands doing their anti-war attitude, whenever you see them doing it, why don't you simply leave the building?

And who're you to say what he should be doing anyway? It's not like you're the promoter or the band's manager OR label anyway....

For God's sake, that was part of their show... That's what they're doing.. They are being paid to put on their fucking SHOW... and since when a show it's just music being played? If that's what show means to ya, then it sounds like everytime you listen to a cd you're at a show...If they wanna run around onstage naked or show pictures of their mothers when they were 15 years old, so fucking what?

AngraRULES said:
He's not giving his opinions only at ProgPower, smart one... They've been doing that on their world tour...

Also, if you're that against bands doing their anti-war attitude, whenever you see them doing it, why don't you simply leave the building?

And who're you to say what he should be doing anyway? It's not like you're the promoter or the band's manager OR label anyway....

did i insult your boyfriend or something?

you don't go to a metal concert to hear opinions on the war, or gas prices, or bush....

i'm not the promoter, but i'm old enough to slap you around

be quiet now

borizh said:

you don't go to a metal concert to hear opinions on the war, or gas prices, or bush....

be quiet now

Oh, spoke the true old school metalhead who thinks he's big and mean and could be a bully to everybody else....

Get a fucking life... This is not Blabbermouth...Go tell your kids to be quiet.

borizh said:

be quiet now

No you didn't insult me...:Spin:

Seriously though, they're paid to entertain and to put on a show. That's what they did. Stop your bitching.