Strato-renaissance

Doesn't sound all that raw to me, and Stratovarius has released demo version as B-sides before.

That still doesn't justify it if the demos are actually property of someone else, but they have no need to worry about the sound. Those demos sound good enough that I could actually buy it as a real Stratovarius release.

BTW, the EP also is supposed to have Sammet on vocals on "We Are Magic", which alone is enough of a reason for me to want to buy it.

Then we can all argue about whether Tobias, Pasi, or Timo sang it best.:)

Blog on Myspace:

Saturday, June 14, 2008

THE AVAILABILITY OF "NEW ERA" IN YOUR COUNTRY

I have gotten lots of emails about why "New Era" album is not available in your country like
for example Greece, Scandinavia, South and North America.
Please ask this from www.frontiers.it because unfortunately there is nothing I can do to this issue which is totally up to Frontiers Records and its distribution or lack thereof.
I can just promise that the next record will be better available than this one.

Interesting.

Blog on Myspace:

Saturday, June 14, 2008

THE AVAILABILITY OF "NEW ERA" IN YOUR COUNTRY

I have gotten lots of emails about why "New Era" album is not available in your country like
for example Greece, Scandinavia, South and North America.
Please ask this from www.frontiers.it because unfortunately there is nothing I can do to this issue which is totally up to Frontiers Records and its distribution or lack thereof.
I can just promise that the next record will be better available than this one.

Interesting.

My question:

After all the BS regarding "Saana" and the lawsuits, could you blame Frontiers for sitting on their hands regarding Timo Tolkki?

Latest Tolkki blog:

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

RR SONGWRITING UPDATE, TOURING, ONE MORE STRATO ALBUM AND SOME REISSUES
Current mood: excited

The songwriting is going very smoothly and nicely. We are making some demos soon and will hit the studio around September. Some song (working) titles are: "Icarus", "Age of Aquarius", "The Loneliness of a Thousand Years", "Revolution has begun", "Mary my Guardian" and "Walk On".
I will be able to announce the bass player in early August, but I can tell that he is in fact Swedish.
We are still planning the extensive South American tour we have been offered. This would be in December

I am also happy to tell that there will be one more Stratovarius album sometime late next year.
This will be a "get together" album with old friends Tuomo Lassila on drums, Antti Ikonen ..boards and me on vocals and guitars. There are 12 months in a year and this will be the last and 12th Stratovarius album that will close the whole saga with dignity and respect. The way it is supposed to be.

I will also reissue my "Classical Variations and Themes" and "Hymn to Life" remastered versions through my webshop. The whole tolkki.com is currently undergoing maintenance and new layout procedure and will remain closed for some days more.

Cheers, Timo

Even more interesting

Latest Tolkki blog:

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I am also happy to tell that there will be one more Stratovarius album sometime late next year.
This will be a "get together" album with old friends Tuomo Lassila on drums, Antti Ikonen ..boards and me on vocals and guitars. There are 12 months in a year and this will be the last and 12th Stratovarius album that will close the whole saga with dignity and respect. The way it is supposed to be.

Cheers, Timo

Even more interesting

Didn't this nitwit give up all rights to Strato two weeks ago? I think someone decided to go the Michael Schenker route in dealing with his problems. No question, Triple T has lost it.

Cognac, anyone?