Strato-renaissance

rushzil2112

Apr 5, 2002
Dallas, TX
Visit site
Somebody posted the demos for the whole Revolution Renaissance album for when it was Strato playing everything with Kotipelto doing the vocals and everything, and this is definately the version that should of been released. I love Kiske and Tobias and everybody else, but these songs definately were meant for Kotipelto to be singing, I just wish it was as good a quality as the actual release, but it is still actually really good quality for a demo, just like a lower budget release, so this is going to be the version I will be listening to. Tolkki definately could of had something good if he kept Strato together instead of his "new" project, because this material just works for the Strato line-up, but we'll see how they do with the live line up and see where they go from there.

Somebody posted the demos for the whole Revolution Renaissance album for when it was Strato playing everything with Kotipelto doing the vocals and everything, and this is definately the version that should of been released. I love Kiske and Tobias and everybody else, but these songs definately were meant for Kotipelto to be singing, I just wish it was as good a quality as the actual release, but it is still actually really good quality for a demo, just like a lower budget release, so this is going to be the version I will be listening to. Tolkki definately could of had something good if he kept Strato together instead of his "new" project, because this material just works for the Strato line-up, but we'll see how they do with the live line up and see where they go from there.
I'd love to hear what this Strato-version sounded like.

????????????????????? Do we have the same new release and demo??? I think the Sammett/ Kiske stuff is WAY better than the demo stuff. Comparing Timo Kotipelto , who is a great singer in his own right, and Michael Kiske is like comparing a pebble to a boulder. The Revolution Renaissance retail copy I have is great!!!!!! Can you honestly say the "Glorious And Divine" could be sung better than Sammett? Or the Kiske stuff????

Somebody posted the demos for the whole Revolution Renaissance album for when it was Strato playing everything with Kotipelto doing the vocals and everything, and this is definately the version that should of been released.

If thats the case then it would be called Stratovarius and not Revolution Renaissance. Stratovarius is over lets move on now OK?

I have moved on...I haven't been into Stratovarius much since infinite, but I have given everything they released after that a shot, and of course i had to check out RR with Kiske and Tobias on it, and when i ran across these demos, I had to check it out, and I think Kotipelto sounds hell tons better for this material, considering it was written for his voice, and his voice just fits better to these songs, at least it does to me. I just will be listening to this version, because it is played by the people who were in mind when the material was originally written, so I think it sounds right to my ears. After hearing this version, I don't enjoy the other version as much anymore.

I just realized who this was! Its Mark Moore! The same guys who I played with onstage with DC Cooper! I'm gonna have to tackle you come September! Are you going?

????????????????????? Do we have the same new release and demo??? I think the Sammett/ Kiske stuff is WAY better than the demo stuff. Comparing Timo Kotipelto , who is a great singer in his own right, and Michael Kiske is like comparing a pebble to a boulder. The Revolution Renaissance retail copy I have is great!!!!!! Can you honestly say the "Glorious And Divine" could be sung better than Sammett? Or the Kiske stuff????
I liked Tobias' songs, but I honestly felt the Kiske stuff was rather emotionless. I love his voice, but I didn't think it fit.

Nope, I am not going this year, nor did I go last year. No funds last year or this year, plus the only bands I really want to see this year are Andromeda, Iced Earth, and Amorphis, so really not worth the trip for me. There are really only a couple artists I would travel to see now, because I have seen most bands I have wanted to see live, except a few, and I never partied there(except with Vanden Plas), just went to watch the bands and hang with my buddy Keith.

When I was listening to the retail version, it definitely sounded like the songs were meant for Kotipelto. They just didn't sound right without his trademark yelping.:)

Timo K just has one of those voices that I don't think anybody will ever be able to imitate it, just like Warrel. They might get close, but never be able to do it with their delivery.

I'm listening to the Strato version now, and I'm not sure these are demos. They are as well produced as any other Stratovarius album and there is some postproduction effects in there.

I guess they are technically demos, but anyone who wonders whether they should find these songs and was thinking of shying away because they were just demos, don't worry: these are good quality recordings.

I don't know why Timo didn't just release this version. Evidently there were no legal issues because Frontiers is going to be releasing some of these tracks on a followup EP. This album would have been a much better farewell from Stratovarius than that last album was.

I don't know why Timo didn't just release this version. Evidently there were no legal issues because Frontiers is going to be releasing some of these tracks on a followup EP. This album would have been a much better farewell from Stratovarius than that last album was.
Sure there were. It would have had to have been a Stratovarius release as opposed to this RR band. Then it would have been subject to all the legalities that are still being worked out.

BTW, is that a legal download since it's not an official release? And who leaked it? The other guys in Stratovarius? Someone in Frontiers?
Doesn't appear to be legal since it wasn't put out by Frontier who wanted to sell it. The other guys from Strato weren't happy it was released so I guess that reduces the number of culprits. Who had anything to gain?

Doesn't appear to be legal since it wasn't put out by Frontier who wanted to sell it. The other guys from Strato weren't happy it was released so I guess that reduces the number of culprits. Who had anything to gain?

Timo Tolkki?

it's not like this would have otherwise seen the light of day. Might as well let the people hear it... why not?
Well, it was a rough demo and it wasn't meant for public distribution. Consummate professionals would naturally not want something so raw to be released, especially with no say in the matter. Too bad they couldn't mix it for "real."