Impulse Music/ Autograph Signing

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Just thought I'd say how great a turnout there was Saturday at the autograph signing for Tad Morose and Morgana Lefay. Looks like everyone had a good time. Everyone looked like they got a fistful of CD's there as well. I'd like to hear everyones thoughts.

The_Q said:
Just thought I'd say how great a turnout there was Saturday at the autograph signing for Tad Morose and Morgana Lefay. Looks like everyone had a good time. Everyone looked like they got a fistful of CD's there as well. I'd like to hear everyones thoughts.

Well, I had more of a weekend haul actually:

Brainstorm -- Liquid Monster (jury's still out on whether or not this is an improvement over Soul Temptation)
Circle II Circle -- The Middle of Nowhere (a little lighter than Watching in Silence)
Ion Vein -- Reigning Memories (pretty damn good metal)
Twelfth Gate -- Summoning (fantastic thrash metal)
Hammerfall -- Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken (great power metal, though the title for once is cheesier than the music!)
Mystic Prophecy -- Regressus (Fantastic Euro Power! I love this CD)
Mystic Prophecy -- Never-Ending (picks up where Regressus Left off)
Pain of Salvation -- Be: The Original Stage Production (a great live CD, can't wait to see the DVD)
Morgana Lefay -- Grand Materia (another concept album from them, thrashier, almost as good as Maleficium in my book).

Was it me, or did poor Inside Out seem like they weren't selling many CD's?

The signing was great, the bands were great, the people were great, it was an awesome weekend!

The signing was a lot of fun; I'm glad we went. And I'm glad Stephanie talked me into getting my Morgana Lefay poster signed; I'm not usually an "autograph guy", but now I can officially start my Morgana Lefay shrine in my apartment, like a proper fanboy. :)

Also, I looked up "Sparka Urban" (which is what Christer wrote on my Tad Morose picture), and it means, literally, "Kick Urban." I guess that explains Urban's South Park reference, when he wrote "Don't kick the baby." LOL

My weekend haul:

Morgana Lefay - Grand Materia (reminds me of a cross between Maleficium and The Seventh Seal. Incredible album!!!!!! Great concept, although I had already read the story on their website. :) Got the shirt, too, and I'll be wearing it to the Strapping Young Lad show this week :) )

Eldritch - Portrait of the Abyss Within (I'm glad Ralf forced me to keep this; it's pretty cool. A cross between Reverse and Seeds of Rage)
Circle II Circle - The Middle of Nowhere
Brainstorm - Liquid Monster
Destiny - Future of the Past (replacing my CDR copy)
Veni Domine - IIII: The Labour of Love (FINALLY!!!!)

I meant to pick up Silencer and the new Imagika, but I forgot. Those will be on my "to-buy" list.

P.S. Thanks for your navigating help... Seriously, I PROMISE I'm not usually a bad driver/navigator, but throwing toll booths into the mix, as well as construction EVERY-FRIGGIN-WHERE WE WENT, tends to cross my wires a bit. :)

Of course I got my autographs on every item I had with me!

CD haul:

Brainstorm "Liquid Monster"
Dalton "The Race is On"
Jaded Heart "Trust"
Morgana Lefay "Grand Materia"
Chinchilla "Take No Prisoners"
Grave Digger "Last Supper"
Luca Turilli "Demon..."
Human Fortress "Defenders of the Crown"
Running Wild "Rogues En Vogue"
Symphony X "Odyssey"

I had an excellent time at the signing... I was one of the drivers for the bands, that was fun. Being that impulse is in my home town. I just sat back and watched everyone shop... :) I did have a Morgana poster signed... That Tony, he makes me nervous, first thing he did was draw a large piece of male anatomy on it... Taking the guys to Portillos, and down to Buckingham Fountain, was the Highlight for me though. We had a lot of fun.. And did it again on Sunday...

Real good store, dedicated to metal! :headbang: The band signings were cool, and the latest CDs picked-up for the internet radio included:

Shaman - Reason
Brainstorm - Liquid Monster
Circle II Circle - The Middle of Nowher
Twilighting - Delirium Veil
Kinrick - Sense Your Darkness
Black Majesty - Sands of Time

Already picked-up at show Morgana Lefay - Grand Materia (so got is signed by band :cool: )

sh0kr0k said:
I didn't know the trip to the music store was for a signing session. :erk:

~Tammy Z~

Yeah I did but I opted out of it. We all decided to chill and go out for a late lunch and drinks
loco.gif

Its not like the bands were not avalible at JJ's
headbob.gif

Good to meet you BTW

Bear

The signing session was for sure a lot of fun and a great chance to increase the stash. My favorite moment, though, was when my son text-messaged me saying, "What are you doing?" and I took a picture of Urban and I sent it to him with the caption, "Urban says hi." :D He just loved that!

Bear said:
Yeah I did but I opted out of it. We all decided to chill and go out for a late lunch and drinks
loco.gif

Its not like the bands were not avalible at JJ's
headbob.gif

Good to meet you BTW

Bear

You're right, I shouldn't feel too bummed since they were available at the show and I got to talk with Urban for a while on Saturday night. I missed out on a lot of things last weekend, but meeting everyone at the after party really made up for it! It was very nice to meet up as well! Thanks for letting me join your group for a bit :) I came to the show with my boyfriend and we made small talk with several people, but we didn't really know anyone to party with. I was real thankful I didn't have to party by myself! haha!

~Tammy Z~

sh0kr0k said:
You're right, I shouldn't feel too bummed since they were available at the show and I got to talk with Urban for a while on Saturday night.
Anatomy lessons!!!

sh0kr0k said:
I missed out on a lot of things last weekend, but meeting everyone at the after party really made up for it! It was very nice to meet up as well! Thanks for letting me join your group for a bit :) I came to the show with my boyfriend and we made small talk with several people, but we didn't really know anyone to party with. I was real thankful I didn't have to party by myself! haha!

lol, me too! We'll have to do it again at PP6, though I don't know where we'll find someone as much as Urban to join us!

Shaye