Low
Burnt Offerings
Into the Pit
(drummer switch)
True Believer
Three Days Of Darkness (FUCK YEAH!)
Over the Wall
Disciples of the Watch

It was cut pretty short cause of the late start, but what there was kicked ass. Chuck looks SCARY. A more detailed concert report will be forthcoming once I finish writing that entry in my diary.

Thanks for that Pyrus, I'm bummed I missed it, but they basically played the same set as on the tour w/ Halford a month ago. I can't wait for the Gods of Metal tour to roll , hope to hear a longer set.

Sounds like a good show:headbang: A lot of stuff from The Gathering though, if I saw them I would want to hear more variety, like stuff from Demonic and Practice...I hope everybody enjoyed the show :devil: I'm hoping to make it to a God's of Metal show this summer:Shedevil:

metalicarus88 said:
Damn Good Show. Halford Sang Painkiller!!!!!!!
Vio-lence Rocked
Testament Was Damn Good But Too Short
The Best Show Ever Too Bad You Missed It>

Halford has what it takes! That guy will never stop rocking!

Can't wait to hear more about Testament

The venue was great. Aside from the delayed opening, everything was cool.
I can't say much about the opening acts. Not that I didn't see them, but rather that most were deathy and I'm unfit to comment on whether they're good or not, not being a fan. Of the opening acts, I didn't mind Impaler (I believe they were second), 'cause they had some decent riffing. I will say that Cattle Decapitation sucked. You will rarely see me flame anyone on these boards, but Jesus, they were fucking awful.

Death Angel was far and away the highlight, ‘cause I could hear the band. Galeon's drumming was tight as shit. I could hear every double bass kick, every note from Cavestany, it was downright killer.

Testament's and Halford's sound sacrificed quality for volume, which is why Testament’s show wasn’t as good as I’d expected. I couldn't hear one damn lick from Steve the Shreaddaaa!! What was cool, though, was their smoke background, and with such a wide stage it reminded me of metal of years past, bigger venues, etc. Even with a big stage Chuck Billy looked as big as ever.

Halford’s Jawbreaker was a highlight, but I was pissed that one of my all time favorite solos couldn’t be heard above the distortion. Halford’s voice carried well above, though, I’m glad I finally got to see this show.

Thrasher

Insania said:
Testament's and Halford's sound sacrificed quality for volume, which is why Testament’s show wasn’t as good as I’d expected. I couldn't hear one damn lick from Steve the Shreaddaaa!! What was cool, though, was their smoke background, and with such a wide stage it reminded me of metal of years past, bigger venues, etc. Even with a big stage Chuck Billy looked as big as ever.

Where were you? We could hear okay from the balcony, despite fighting heat exhaustion and lack of air...

Balcony?! You PANSY. :p

Cattle Decapitation sucked a big veiny one...their vocalist sounded like a chicken in the throes of an epileptic seizure. Social Evil was even worse...so unoriginal and boring. Impaled was hilarious, Exhumed was "meh."

Death Angel was indeed kickass...the microphone failure was a blessing in disguise; the crowd just went fucking crazy. I expected a bit more from Vio-lence, but the crowd was so insane that it made up for a few flaws in their performance. And as has already been established, Halford and Testament ruled.

I was probably right below you, maybe more towards the center of the stage, but failry close to the entrance. We found this killer spot that got some decent airflow...

From where I was it took a bit to figure out what was playing sometimes. It's ok though, the whole show was worth it.

Pyrus said:
Balcony?! You PANSY. :p

lol.gif
Yeee-up!

Pyrus said:
Yeah...according to my neck and back, the balcony probably would have been a better idea than the floor and the pit. Oh well, you're only young once. But I'm depressed...all I have are aches and pains. No cuts or bruises to show off to the chicks. Damn.

What?! Youngsters aren't supposed to be hurtin' the "day after," more like a couple of days after. Us old folk hurt on the first day
tongue.gif
!