Thanks a lot man.

Waves SSL
Event Horizon limiter
Izotope Ozone 3
EQ
highshelf at 6000 KHZ (2 db Boost)
and then just Glip

its all running in that order.

I like this mix. If you provided the clean tracks for this song I'd love to take a shot at mixing it.

what are you running in ozone? and what made you decide to run gclip last, typically it's used before the compressor.

Honestly man i do not even know why i did it that way lol, i just looked at the mastering chain and i guess i had it on there for some reason, sounded fine to me so i just didn't care to mess with it.

i gotcha, it's a very interesting mastering chain all around since you're eq'ing after your limiter. I'm surprised you're not clipping the output on that.

hah yeah i just do what i think sounds good honestly, like i switched it around the other way and really did not hear much of a difference, that's not normally how i run it but i had already mixed it not realizing i had it setup that way.

idk im not like some amazing guy at mastering or anything haha, pretty much just learning like the rest.

Yea guitars sound better with the 5150, makes me wanna track a real amp even more now! lol

haha for sure man, wouldn't ever get rid of my 5150.
also the only thing i did was use my mesa 4x12 ts808 and single sm57 off axis.
i barley EQ after reamp lowpass highpass small cut at 500hz and 3-4 db cut at 4 khz

im pumped because im getting a ENGL powerball for my studio, whenever i get it ill post a new version of this, im really wondering what it will sound like.

Hell yea, I run an engl blackmore, which is supposed to be voiced similar to the savage. there's something about engl's they are just the sickest amps out there. Although I haven't recorded with one, but live they're ridiculous. How important is room treatment when recording guitars? I have a bunch of 3 x 6.5' panels i made from owens corning 703, but i dont have bass traps or anything like that. The best i could probably do is make a room partition from the panels have u ever had any problems with room sounds when tracking guitars?

Man those guitars sounds great! I'm recording a band right now and they want to re-amp with their stuff. I've been trying to convince them to use my 5150 and Mesa cab but they weren't having it. After showing them your clip, I have converted them :devil:

Man those guitars sounds great! I'm recording a band right now and they want to re-amp with their stuff. I've been trying to convince them to use my 5150 and Mesa cab but they weren't having it. After showing them your clip, I have converted them :devil:

haha that's awesome man glade i helped :D