So I finally got a bunch of the traps I made actually hung up and

Mesa4x12er

Jan 5, 2008
It's pretty incredible how different it sounds in here! It's going to take some getting used to. I'm used to mixing a certain way because of known issues with my room. Like if I can distinctly here the lowend on the bass I know there is way too much. Listening to mixes I'm familiar with and that bitch is just humming along and I can completely hear it. I'm not even done with my room yet either. I still need to put panels on my walls where they meet the ceiling and I haven't put up any clouds yet.

In any case like I said, incredible difference all ready. So far I've treated the 4 main corners with 6" traps, floor to almost ceiling and front, back, and side first refelctions with 4" traps. Sounds so still in here. I recommend this to anyone and if you make them yourself it doesn't have to cost a shitload.

Definitely a huge difference between 'no treatment' and 'some treatment'. Just remember your room still sucks, even if it doesn't make your head ache because of the amount of 100hz and 130hz. It most likely still has gaping holes below 100hz.

Next step would be to use the panels you've made for the walls and add superchunks in the corners. I made mine quite wide (I cut each slab diagonally and stacked them) and it made an awesome difference in the low end. Still a lot to be desired of course but It removed a lot of guesswork for me.